Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:08 pm   Post subject: Some Ideas

For starters, I'm very happy to see Slide View in the QuizMaker tool in Presenter 7. Having the ability to customize the look of the screens the questions are on is important to me.

That said, I think the functionality in this view would be better served if it also included the Animation Pane and Selection Pane from the main ppt functions. And being able to Crop inserted images in this view would be helpful too. If these functions are already present in Slide View they're hard to find.

And might it be possible to consider having something in addition to text as question feedback? For instance, could there also/ alternately be an option to play an audio file? And for that matter, having the ability to customize the icon that appears with the feedback (the default green check mark for correct, yellow check for partial, etc.) and use a picture or some other visual instead would be nice.

As would the ability to change the font of the text that's in the question options (the multiple choice answer options, etc.)

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Some Ideas

Thank you for your post and for your positive feedback!
We have added your requests to our feature requests list, so maybe they will be added to the future versions of iSpring QuizMaker.

Quote:
I think the functionality in this view would be better served if it also included the Animation Pane and Selection Pane from the main ppt functions

Actually it's possible to animate the answers of a question. Do you mean this option or you would like it to be realized in some other way? Please describe.

Quote:
As would the ability to change the font of the text that's in the question options (the multiple choice answer options, etc.)

Do you mean you would like to change the font of the answers? It can be done in the Slide View window.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Some Ideas

In regards to the top quote, my primary use of the Panes is usually to see which animations are connected (which ones play on click of the same object, with Previous, etc.) and to help keep track of which animations I have already applied on a given slide and therefore diagnose where I might have gone wrong if an animation does not appear to be working as I intended. In the case of the Selection Pane, it's good to have so I can name a slide's objects and check their levels relative to one another so I'm not guessing how far "back" or close to the "front" an object is when I make graphic adjustments.

Now that I re-visit the Slide View Animation tab, the only object on such a slide that can be animated is the answer options themselves (I'm using multi-choice as my example in this case). I do not have the option of animating anything else. For example, if I wanted the question text to fade in at the beginning of the slide before the answer options appear I cannot do that. I think the ability to animate more than just the answer options would be nice and, if that is implemented, having the Panes available would be a big help.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:41 pm   Post subject: Re: Some Ideas

In regards to the bottom quote, thank you for responding. I was able to change the font in the answer options. One suggestion about that, since it is not readily apparent that the font can be altered. The cursor icon whenever the answer option box is selected is a moment indicator (the four joined black arrows pointing in different directions) which gives the illusion that moving the box is the only option. And when you right click the box the only options are Bring to front or Send to back. Perhaps on double clicking the answer options box the usual text editing cursor could appear or something to that effect to provide a visual cue that alterations can be made?

Profile profile test