Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:53 pm   Post subject: Quiz scenerio

Okay here is a scenario that I need to try and develop a work around....

I have a 10 question quiz. Students can only take the quiz once. Packaged it for loading into Moodle- packaged as a Scorm.

Student states that they were not able to access the quiz and already has a 50 as their grade for the assessment.

Going into Moodle and Tracking the details of the "attempt", I see that the student spent 2 1/2 minutes in the activity, no questions seemed to be answered and that a grade of 50 was given.

Confused, I attempted the assessment, went through each question, but did not submit my responses to the questions. I close out of the activity and when I go back into the activity, I am blocked entry due to already attempting the activity.

So, now that I think that I know what went on, I need to prevent this issue from arising again.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there anyway to "force" a user to answer a question before going to the next question? I have tried changing the settings so that questions have to be submitted one at a time, but I can work around the question and click on Skip and go to see the next question.

2. I want to also get rid of the question navigation drop-down that is available at the top left of the question pages. Is there a way to do that?

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:11 am   Post subject: Re: Quiz scenerio

Thank you for your post.
Please find my comments to the questions below:

Quote:
Student state that they were not able to access the quiz and already has a 50 as their grade for the assessment.

Please go to Publish--> Publish-->LMS-->Learning course->Report progress and completion-->uncheck "Rate number of slides viewed" as in this case it will be reported that the student gets 50% score just viewing one side.
Quote:
Is there any way to "force" a user to answer a question before going to the next question?

In this case it is necessary to apply some settings to your quiz:
choose "unlimited attempts" under each question;
Quiz-->Properties-->Navigation-->Submit on e question at a time;
Quiz-->Player-->Top bar-->uncheck "Display question list"
Quote:
Question navigation drop-down that is available at the top left of the question pages.

As soon as you apply the settings mentioned above this drop-down menu will not be shown.

Profile profile test