Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:03 pm   Post subject: Branching - Multiple branches ending with the same slide?

I have a 75 slide show. The first 23 are the same for everyone. But at slide 24 there is a hyper link to two separate branches. One bransh shows slides 25-40 and the other shows slides 41-72. Then both come together at 73. The hyperlinking works wonderfully.

Here's my problem. How do I make the last slide in the first branch (number 40) advance to slide 73? It wants to go to #42.

I've made the first slide in branch 2 hidden but that does not help. And if I hide all the slides in the second branch, that branch won't play in sequence without hyperlinks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Branching - Multiple branches ending with the same slide?

The only way would be making a hyperlink at 40th slide to 42.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Branching - Multiple branches ending with the same slide?

Foolproof branching is not possible with Ispring when the navigation buttons or the outline tab is present. The navigation buttons always goes to the next visible slide and the outline tab allows the user to jump to the slide of their choice. Unless these options are removed, branching is not possible.

This means the only template that is usable for branching is the "None" template. The "None" template provides no navigation tools. Using the "None" template, you must provide a link or multiple links on each slide to identify the next slide to be viewed by the user.

If your presentation is read and click (no other links), an elegant method to advance to the next slide is to overlay an invisible rectangle over the slide and make it a link to the next slide to be viewed. This way, a user can click anywhere on the slide to advance to the next slide. I put a 3-point border around my invisible box to provide a contrast with the computer screen.

On two separate occasions, Ispring has promised "controlled navigation" after version 6.0 is released. Controlled navigation allows the author to select the next slide to be viewed, not the user. Until then, the "None" template is the only solution I see to control the navigation.

I hope I am proved wrong.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:17 pm   Post subject: Re: Branching - Multiple branches ending with the same slide?

Yes, thank you for the detailed reply. We will include scritps into the next release of iSpring. As for the invisible rectangle it is a good solution for going to some specific slide (next animation/slide advance is performed automatically when clicking inside the slide area).
Anyway this is a temporary workaround for this problem. iSpring 6.x version will have controlled navigation.

Profile profile test