Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:33 am   Post subject: Image resolution

Hallo,

I use a jpg image in Powerpoint. However, when converted via iSpring, the resultant resolution is not useable - the text is unreadable / very blurry.

On the compression tab, I use Smart image compression with the slider set to "High Quality".
Even if I use the preset setting "Publish for CD (Highest quality), I can still not read the text on the image.
I have also, out of desperation, dragged the image to be bigger and fit the slide from side to side, but the text remain unreadable.
The original image is a JPG file of screen dump / print screen.

I am creating a course and use the screen dumps / print screen images in PowerPoint to demonstrate the steps required to complete a task.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Leon

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Image resolution

Our default settings are oriented to the reasonable ratio of the compression to output file size. Presentations contain .jpg, .png photos or usual pictures more frequently than graphs or charts.

iSpring Pro has the special option for image quality improvement. If you use images with text, diagrams, or other precise forms, it will significantly improve their resolution. They won't be blurry anymore. Please click Publish and choose the Compression tab, then click Optimize images for resolution. Choose the resolution from the dropdown list that conforms to your screen size or higher.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Image resolution

Hi guys,
Do you have any recommendations as for choosing PowerPoint slide size/resolution for publishing to multiple devices including hi-res iPad, please? Where can we find them? We would like to prepare presentation and then use iSpring Pro.

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Image resolution

Scale could be changed in the Advanced Publish settings tab. However, slide dimensions cannot be changed there but only in PowerPoint Page Setup.

PowerPoint has a default resolution of 720 x 540. However, the size of the output presentation is set in inches in the PowerPoint page setup. The default size is 10 x 7.5 inches. The resolution of the physical dimensions is 72 ppi (pixels per inch). You can calculate the necessary dimension of each size in inches to fit required resolution based on this ppi value.
You can learn more at this webpage: http://www.indezine.com/products/powerp ... res02.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Image resolution

Older iPad generations had 1024-by-768 resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi). Newer ones with retina display have 2048-by-1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi).

Сonsequently, the PPT size should be 14,2 to 10,7 inches for regular screens and 28,4 to 21.3 inches for retina displays.
Actually, I think that using hi-res PowerPoint is a waste of space so you can use setup for 1024p displays.

I'd recommend use Optimize images for resolution option as it will improve images quality significantly.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Image resolution

Thank you Mikhail,
Isn't it better to use the most popular one 1366x768?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Image resolution

This (1366x768) is an HD ratio. You actually can create this wide-screen presentation, but iPad screen (1024x768) is not in HD dimension, but in 4:3 so it will leave black empty space at the top and the bottom. If you decide to utilize 100% of iPad screen you would want to publish it in 4:3 dimensions rather than HD.

By the way, handling of different aspect ratios set in PowerPoint Page Setup is the great benefit of iSpring in comparison with competitive tools. While other tools let you do 4:3 standard shows only, with iSpirng you can do any screen you like, e.g. 16:9.

Profile profile test