Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:31 pm   Post subject: Hyperlink active only on border of smartart object

Hi,

I'm converting a pptx (Powerpoint 2010) presentation with smartart hierarchy objects to flash, using ispring. In Powerpoint, I set a hyperlink to an organization box to jump to that particular organization organigram slide directly when the user click on the box. This works perfectly in Powerpoint. When converting to flash, the cursor changes to a hand only when hovering over the border of the box, but not on the center. This requires the user to be rather precise and click on the box border instead than being able to click anywhere on the box?

Any idea how to solve this ?

Best regards

Marchorg

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Hyperlink active only on border of smartart object

The problem could be related to layers of objects. While PowerPoint may understand that hyperlink is under the top layer and will show it, after conversion to Flash using iSpring there will be pictures on the slide and one picture could overlay the other which appears to be hyperlink.

If you have been able to solve the problem please update the topic.

It's really hard to research this problem without testing your presentation so if you send it to support [at] ispringsolutions.com email we will be glad to look into it.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:28 am   Post subject: Re: Hyperlink active only on border of smartart object

I sent you the file to support@ispringsolutions.com

I'm using hierarchical smartart. I did not put any additional layer apart from 2 arrows and a text box but which are on a complete different position than the hierarchy boxes. I'm not modifying the smartart figures.

More strangely, I have loaded the free ispring version on my home computer 2 or 3 weeks ago and it did work properly.

I asked to my team to load ISpring on one of the business computers. It is this last version which has the problem.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:24 pm   Post subject: Re: Hyperlink active only on border of smartart object

I tried modifying the parameters without result.
There are several hierarchy models within Powerpoint. The one I was using and which was not working is the "discreet" one.

I tested with the "standard" one and it does work properly. The simplest solution is to convert all my slides to "standard" hierarchy. A bit less sexy but working properly when converted to flash.

Thank you for your hints and help.

Profile profile test