Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:33 pm   Post subject: Linking multiple iSpring EXE files together

Hiya, I have very large eLearning courses I produce, and they are created in multiple modules at various times. I use the narration editor to insert audio files. I have 2 issues mainly, if I try to combine these files into one large "master" file to then iSpring, the audio does not copy over with the slides, forcing me to re-insert all the audio files (which is time consuming and a variable for issues). So, instead I am trying to create individual iSpring modules as exe files and link them together. I was successful at the making this work, BUT, each time i open an exe file, the previous exe file remains open, and each time i click to navigate back to a previous exe file, a new presenter window opens, creating a situation where i have many presenter windows open, all potentially playing audio at the same time, and sucking up PC resources (which are limited on student machines). So, is there a way for me to close a window when a new one is opened?

Thanks!!!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:45 am   Post subject: Re: Linking multiple iSpring EXE files together

Hi!

Quote:
I was successful at the making this work, BUT, each time i open an exe file, the previous exe file remains open, and each time i click to navigate back to a previous exe file, a new presenter window opens, creating a situation where i have many presenter windows open, all potentially playing audio at the same time, and sucking up PC resources (which are limited on student machines). So, is there a way for me to close a window when a new one is opened?

No, it's impossible to close window from swf file - this is flash technology limitation, so all Flash Player windows will remain opened.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Linking multiple iSpring EXE files together

UPDATE: the good folks at iSpring worked on this issue for us and came up with a solution that they are going to release in an update. They sent us a test file and it did exactly what we needed, but you are correct, it required additional code in the flash files.

Profile profile test