Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:05 pm   Post subject: Embedded Video

I have successfully gotten my flash conversion to work with my server sided solution. I presented this to a group during a meeting and one question was brought up that we cannot seem to solve.

If you embedded an external video, such as youtube, it will play just fine on the computer as a powerpoint. However when you convert it to flash(.swf) it will not pull this external video in and play it.

I have a thought as to why this is but need a professional opinion. The only conclusion that I can come up with is that the .swf is just a video file and when it plays an external file it is trying to pull in an ActiveX component and it cannot do that because it is technically just a video file?

Am I on the right path or is this possible and I am just not sure how to do it? I can give example if need be?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Embedded Video

iSpring Pro/Free/Presenter allow embedding youtube videos using Insert Youtube option.
Youtube videos are not stored within the presentation - they are still on youtube servers and are loaded by the generated Flash presentation.
Due to Adobe Flash Player security restrictions SWF files that are stored on the local computer are not able to access video files located in the Internet (youtube servers are in the Internet). However, when you publish the presentation on web server all youtube videos within them will become available.

If you meant something different, and inserted video files into the PowerPoint presentation using PowerPoint Insert Video option - these video files are converted to Flash and stored within the presentation.

If you are using iSpring SDK and trying to convert uploaded presentations containing video files please consider that Video Files are not physically stored within the PPT file uploaded to your server. To be successfully converted these video file should be placed in the same folder with PPT file.

If you are still experiencing the problem, please submit the detailed description of this issue to support [at] ispringsolutions.com.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ