Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:22 pm
Post subject: Re: Not able to publish due to WebObject
Thank you for your message!
Sorry that you ran into this issue!
I have to say that it has nothing to do with iSpring.
I believe that the reason of the error is that the latest Flash Player security update KB3087040 (automatic Windows update) contains the issue that breaks any PowerPoint presentation with embedded Flash objects (e.g. YouTube, Flash movies, Web objects) when it is saved.
Just for your interest, here is a link to this bug on Adobe website:
We have to warn all PowerPoint users about the latest Flash Player ActiveX component update:
• Try to avoid this update if possible unless the issue is resolved
• Do not insert Flash objects (.swf, .flv files or YouTube videos) into your PowerPoint presentation
• Do not open and save .ppt and .pptx presentations that contain Flash.
Here is a guide from our technicians on how to resolve this issue by uninstalling the latest Flash update:
For Windows 7/XP:
Reminder: Please remember that these steps include restarting your computer, so please take care of all files that need to be saved before it.
1) Uninstall the Flash Player. Here is what Adobe suggests to do it:
2) After you restarted your computer, you can download and install one of the archived Flash Player versions, that do not contain that harmful issue. For instance, you can select Flash Player 18.
3) To avoid getting the same update automatically, please deselect the option "Install Updates Automatically When Possible" during installation.
For Windows 8/8.1/10:
1) Press Win key on your keyboard, type "View Installed Updates" and launch the utility.
2) Type KB3087040 in the search field and click Uninstall.
3) After that, you can normally open PowerPoint presentations that contain embedded Flash objects.
Also you can restore corrupted presentation files, using a free patch from our website:
Hope this workaround will help you to solve the issue.
Please do not hesitate to drop us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance.