Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:20 pm   Post subject: Forum updates

Hello folks, we are having some forum updates meanwhile. Accept our apologies for possible inconveniences.

We also will be glad to hear your thoughts about our forum topics. Would you like to add something or the other way round? Is this scheme understandable for you? Isn't it hard for you to decide which topic to choose for posting?

Currently we have:

What's new
    iSpring fans talks
    Ask before you buy
    Learn how
    Technical issues
    Feature Requests

It is great to have such an awesome community of people and support it. Any comments are highly appreciated.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Forum updates

Good idea, Mikhail. And thanks for the opportunity to join the discussion.

The arrangement wasn't bad but any refinement is welcome. The greatest drawback was that there was often overlap,so that posts were not always placed in the best location. The result was that, on one hand, you weren't always exactly sure where to look if you're searching for a particular topic; on the other hand, if you were simply browsing to pass the time of day, you were sometimes surprised to find a topic discussed where it was.

You new categories might resolve this (or might make it worse). You can't entirely stop people posting in inappropriate places unless you patrol the fora rigorously, something which is time-consuming and authoritarian.

I sometimes wonder whether it would help if there was another level of topics, for example under both Technical issues and Learn how, for (for example) Narration and audio matters, Video and screen grabbing, Image matters, Layout and formating, Animation and transitions, Linking, Publishing (etcetera)

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Forum updates

I am glad to announce that we came out with the following forum items:

What's New
    General Discussion
    Technical Issues
    Feature Requests

If you posted to any of these topics: iSpring fans talks, Ask before you buy, Learn how, please find these discussions in the combined big forum General Discussion.

I am hoping that it will make things more simple and obvious and allow our users to post quickly without hesitation choosing an appropriate topic from the list of different items.

Any comments are highly appreciated.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Forum updates

Is there not currently a forum search feature? I feel like I could find answers to my questions from previous posts but can't seem to find a way to search.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:06 am   Post subject: Re: Forum updates

Thank you for your question.
To search our forum, please follow these steps:
1) go to our website;
2) hit the iSpring Search icon in the upper right corner;
3) choose the search category.
Please see the screenshot using the following link: http://fotohosting.org/image.php?id=8332_4F86B66A

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Forum updates

A new topic dedicated to QuizMaker 7 HTML5 beta, which we all have been waiting patiently, is now available. Please check it out and leave your feedback on our new beta.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Forum updates

I was trying to add a suggestion to improve the forum, but couldn't find the appropriate category to do it in (site suggestions?).
Anyway, what I'd like to suggest is that you allow the display of avatars in the forum posts.
Personally, I find it a little cold to exchange posts with people whose only presence is "a name".
I think allowing avatars in the posts would be a step forward towards making the community "a little warmer". :)

Profile profile test