Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:22 am   Post subject: iSpring Suite 8 beta has started! Get it and submit bugs.

You are welcome to check out the latest 8th release of our flagship product Suite now! The beta version is here, ready to use.

Email us at support@ispringsolutions.com and get your beta license!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:14 am   Post subject: QuizMaker 8 %QUIZ_TITLE%

1) Need to set up a section for iSpring 8 beta bug reports.

2) Load a Quizmaker 7.1 file. The setting for the first slide is display slide. Quiz Properties shows a Quiz title but the first slide only displays "Welcome to the %QUIZ_TITLE%" Other settings in the 7.1 file are not shown in quiz properties. e.g. normalize score to 100.

Quizmaker 8 build 9787

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:16 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Suite 8 beta has started!

Hello.

I have a question concerning the Dialog function.

Is it possible to add a recording to the written words of the character and to the answers? Then, dialogues could also be heard, not only be read - by the user.

There should be an option for a developer to add a recording of the words to obtain two cognitive skills: reading and listening. This is important - e.g. language courses (but not only).

Please let me know what the issue really looks like. Thanks in advance.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:54 am   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker 8 %QUIZ_TITLE%

@jfeagans, we have changed the name of the topic so all bugs can be reported and discussed here or emailed at support@ispringsolutions.com

We can't reproduce the issue with loosing settings data of a quiz, created in QM 7 and later opened in QM 8. Please specify the version of your original QM 7 build and send us your problematic quiz at our support email if possible.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:00 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Suite 8 beta has started! Get it and submit bugs

@Rafal thank you a lot for this important feature request. We will consider to add it in future versions.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:00 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Suite 8 beta has started! Get it and submit bugs

@Rafal thank you a lot for this important feature request. We will consider to add it in future versions.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:34 am   Post subject: Dialog

Absolutely love this feature. Would like to see the following capabilities:

1. Use imported from eLearning Brothers and eLearning Art. Included characters are not diverse enough.

2. Audio capability

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:39 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Suite 8 beta has started! Get it and submit bugs

Settings like LMS, HTML5 mobile, zip output are not remembered on the publish dialog in the upgrade to 8.0. Are they not stored in the PPT itself because if you change them you are prompted to save before exit?

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:54 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Suite 8 beta has started! Get it and submit bugs

I choose the add-preloader flower on the advanced tab of the publish dialog. This appears when I start the module from my LMS. However, when flash video is loaded, the standard preloader appears. Where is the setting for this controlled?

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:02 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Suite 8 beta has started! Get it and submit bugs

Double click on a .quiz file in Windows Explorer. Quizmaker 8 opens a window displaying the title bar and tools--then the title bar disappears. The contents of the file in the window are fine. Click anywhere on the main window and the title bar reappears. Windows 8.x 64 bit iSpring Suite.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:06 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Suite 8 beta has started! Get it and submit bugs

@mikhail The .quiz files in question with the %QUIZ_TITLE% on the first slide are around 50-60 megs each and I have 15 of them with the same behavior. Where do I upload one for you to try?

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:13 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Suite 8 beta has started! Get it and submit bugs

Hello folks, I love the Dialog Trainer feature. Couldn't find any bug yet but would like to be able
- to upload my own backgrounds,
- to copy existing scenes,
- to change the font sizes, rearrange the text windows etc.

Being able to hide the visual character emotion scale would also be nice. Since the speech bubbles may interfere with the background, putting a coloured frame around them would be helpful for the readers.

Will go on testing :)

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:22 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Suite 8 beta has started! Get it and submit bugs

Here is what I found on the %QUIZ_TITLE% problem

I renamed some .quiz files to .zip and unarchived the quiz.xml file.

Attribute title is stored in the <quiz> element and the settings version in the <settings> element. A suspect file apparently has the 6.1 settings version where it was created or edited in 7.1 it did not change?

<quiz xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.ispringsolutions.com/quizbuilder/quiz/1 quiz.xsd" title="Quiz 60" type="graded" xmlns="http://www.ispringsolutions.com/quizbuilder/quiz/1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<settings version="6.1">

When opened in Quizmaker 8 the title slide has %QUIZ_TITLE% instead of inserting the title from the Quiz attribute.

On the otherhand, Quizmaker 8 properly replaces %QUIZ_TITLE% from this example:

<quiz xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.ispringsolutions.com/quizbuilder/quiz/1 quiz.xsd" title="Quiz 10" type="graded" xmlns="http://www.ispringsolutions.com/quizbuilder/quiz/1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<settings version="8.0">

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:49 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring Suite 8 beta has started! Get it and submit bugs

Using the Dialog Trainer, I wrote a story where the main character (the main dialogue partner) appeared visually on about 12 screens. In order to vary the outlook of that character, I used all five pictures available several times (which show different emotions). So it happened that just for reason of variety, a worse emotion followed a more positive emotion.

This however was read by my users of the dialog as indicating their performance - in this case, being not good because the emotion smiley changed from positive to worse. So I would prefer to be able to separate the visual outlook of the characters from the smiley indicator, that is, varying both independently from each other. In that way, I could use the smiley as feedback to the users.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:08 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring Suite 8 beta has started! Get it and submit bugs

Mikhail wrote:

@Mikhail - I filled in a feature request form and sent it along with two screens that are close to what I mean by "Insert audio" function in Dialog Trainer. (e-mail 04.09.2015)

Profile profile test

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4