Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:08 pm   Post subject: SDK and ASP 3 or Flex

Hi,

I'm really impressed by the quality of the conversion and the intelligence behind iSprink SDK.

Now, I'm looking for examples on how to integrate it with ASP 3 (not ASP.NET) and Flex 3 or 4.

Do you provide examples so that the SDK can be used with these standards?

Thanks in advance,

Helder Conde

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:14 pm   Post subject: Re: SDK and ASP 3 or Flex

Just to me a little more specific about what I need: I want to know about an ASP 3.0 or Flex script to allow me to use iSpring SDK for automated conversion.

We're already able to use Flex for controlling the converted presentation. Right now, we want to automate the conversion process.

Hope this makes my request more clear. Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:38 am   Post subject: Re: SDK and ASP 3 or Flex

iSpring SDK provides COM API for automated PPT to Flash conversion and, thus can be easily accessible from all COM-compatible programming languages, such as Visual Basic which is used with ASP 3.0.
To see how to invoke iSpring SDK methods from VB see the following sample:
"C:\Program Files\iSpring\SDK 5\samples\server\vbscript\01_simple_conversion\simple_conversion.vbs"
It illustrates how to create iSpring.PresentationConverter object and use it to open and convert the presentation. With just little changes this code can be adopted to the use with ASP.

Unline ASP, Flex is a client-side technology, so it must be used with the generated Flash presentations.
iSpring SDK generated Flash presentations are written in ActionScript 2 language and can't be controlled from ActionScript 3 (and Flex) directly. However there is an option which integrates ActionScript 3 connector into the generated Flash presentation which enables communication between the presentation and AS3 application via LocalConnection.

To integrate AS3 connector you need to use the iSpring.CorePlugins interface from your ASP code:

Code:
jsConnector = 0
as3Connector = 1
Set pc = CreateObject("iSpring.PresentationConverter")
pc.OpenPresentation "c:\presentation.ppt"
pc.Settings.Playback.Player.CorePlugins.AddBuildInPlugin as3Connector
converter.GenerateSolidPresentation "c:\presentation.swf", "", ""
converter.ClosePresentation

To control the generated Flash presentations from Flex you may use AS3 API:
You may find Flex samples in the following folder:
"C:\Program Files\iSpring\SDK 5\samples\client\samples\as3\flex2"

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:43 pm   Post subject: Re: SDK and ASP 3 or Flex

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I'll be a little more specific about what I need.

We have a Flash web app that uploads the PPT file to one folder on the server. This is working.

After the upload is over I need the app to trigger a conversion process using the SDK and I'd like the end user to be able to notified about the conversion progress and completion.

I saw that the SDK contains several examples in several languages. But I saw none in ASP 3.0 (not .NET). You mentioned that based on the VB scripts provided we could have them work on ASP, but I'm not sure how this can be done.

Do you have a ready-to-go example we could use? We don't have knowledge about any programming languages other than AS3 and ASP.

Thanks in advance,

Helder

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:55 pm   Post subject: Re: SDK and ASP 3 or Flex

No, unfortunately we don't have samples in different languages than we have in our SDK package. We can offer you custom solutions that our company provide to help you create code.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:33 pm   Post subject: Re: SDK and ASP 3 or Flex

Flex is a client-side technology, so it must be used with the generated Flash presentations.
iSpring SDK generated Flash presentations are written in ActionScript 2 language and can't be controlled from ActionScript 3 (and Flex) directly.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:55 pm   Post subject: Re: SDK and ASP 3 or Flex

hello,

When the Flash Player 10 beta was out, upgrading Flex Builder to be able to compile to the beta 10 player could be done, but it was a complex process not for the faint of heart. It required the manipulation of Flex Builder configuration files and the downloading of the Gumbo (Flex 4 alpha) SDK to grab a copy of the AS3/Flash API framework file that the compiler required.

thanks,

Profile profile test