Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:06 pm   Post subject: as3 localconnection question

Hi,

Extremely new to iSpring but our client has iSpringSDK, version: 4.2.1.2636 and is using the iSpring flash converter, which from what I understand creates AS2 files from their powerpoints with the ability to connect to them via LocalConnection. We have an AS3 application and would like to use this method but not quite sure where to start. Did some searching on the site but didn't really find what we were looking for. :/

Any help pointing us in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:05 pm   Post subject: Re: as3 localconnection question

Yes, iSpring creates ActionScript 2.0 Flash presentations. Although, we have the full compatibility with AS 3.0 systems due to AS 3.0 connector which is a part of iSpring SDK, so you can easily use output movies in your AS 3.0 projects through the LocalConnection. Please don't forget to integrate ActionScript 3 connector when publishing.
Read the following topic in our developer docs for the more information:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/topic/sdk_index/as_api/actionscript3_and_flex.html
We also supply some sample files which you can find in the SDK installation directory.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:11 pm   Post subject: Re: as3 localconnection question

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for the response. Great, this is what I was looking for! I guess I'll need to loop back with our client and see how we are to sync up the localconnection IDs. Does the SDK create these IDs as part of the AS3 connector integration?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:27 pm   Post subject: Re: as3 localconnection question

Yes it creates 2 LocalConnection IDs to send information to AS3 app and hear the responses back. You can contact us at support email if you have more questions.

Profile profile test