Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:24 am   Post subject: Multi threaded ppt conversions are being processed serially

I'm running the ispring_sdk_5_7_0_3017 on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 with office 2010 x64 installed.

When I call PresentationConverter.GenerateSolidPresentation with multiple threads, each thread with its own ppt to convert, the conversions are being processes serially. One thread finishes and then the next will start converting. I put timers on each thread and it's very clear this is what's happening.

I've configured all the DCOM processes with the correct permissions as far as I can tell.

Is there anything special I need to do to get the iSpring sdk to process the conversions in a threaded manner?

I've looked at the multi-threaded sample and it appears my code is correct.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:02 am   Post subject: Re: Multi threaded ppt conversions are being processed serially

Hi, thank you for using our forum.

Yes, we are aware of this problem. MS PowerPoint does supports multiple threads officially, but actually it works unstably this way due to some functioning peculiarities. Perhaps multiple threads support will be improved in MS Office in the future, though currently we do not recommend using this method for PPT to Flash conversion.

Profile profile test