Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:01 pm   Post subject: Preventing a presentation from running recorded slideshow

We are using iSpring SDK to convert PPTs to SWF, and we're having a problem when we get a deck that has a recorded slideshow in it. The way our application works, we want to control the slide and animation flips solely through javascript, but if there is a recorded slideshow it automatically advances slides when the deck is loaded. I tried setting PresentationConverter.Settings.ChangeSlidesAutomatically to false and it doesn't seem to make a difference. If anyone knows a way to do this either :
1. using the Office APIs to clear the recording
2. with a setting in the PresentationConverter
3. with the Javascript API
Please let me know.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:13 am   Post subject: Re: Preventing a presentation from running recorded slideshow

Please use this sample code to clear up the timings using the Office APIs:

Dim p As Presentation
Dim sl As Slide
Set p = ActivePresentation

For i = 1 To p.Slides.Count Step 1
Set sl = p.Slides(i)
sl.Tags.Delete "TIMING"
sl.SlideShowTransition.AdvanceOnTime = msoFalse
Next i

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Preventing a presentation from running recorded slideshow

Thanks Stacy, but this didn't work for me. For the record, I'm using C# and PowerPoint 2010. Here's the code I tried:

Code:

for (int i = 1; i <= pptPres.Slides.Count; i++)
{
       pptPres.Slides[i].Tags.Delete("TIMING");
       pptPres.Slides[i].SlideShowTransition.AdvanceOnTime = MsoTriState.msoFalse;
}
pptPres.Save();

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Preventing a presentation from running recorded slideshow

A bit more info: I tried enumerating the tags of each slide and they all have a count of 0.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Preventing a presentation from running recorded slideshow

If it didn't count in a proper way it seems that there is some error somewhere in the code. Is there any chance you could try out the VB code that Stacy posted previously?

Otherwise if there is no possibility, can you send us the whole sample to our support email with the link to this topic? We will see what we can do.

Profile profile test