Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:34 am   Post subject: feature request: video from streaming server

Hi
i have a feature request but apparently the requests forum is unavailable.
it would be nice to be able to change the videos by videos streamed from a rtmp server such as wowza or similar
concrete usage: my users are displaying videos in their webcast. they want attendees who would be late to get the video at the same moment it is for other people, and only videos streamed from a server can do that. at the moment with ispring it is necessary to create multiple slides and launch videos separatly to obtain this.

i hope i made myself clear

thank you

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:24 pm   Post subject: Re: feature request: video from streaming server

I am sorry but I don't think I have understood you clearly.

iSpring creates Flash movies that cannot be synchronized in the automatic mode between several people on the web. However I have heard that this could be done with the use of Adobe Connect.

As for the streaming video at the slides in Flash presentation created with iSpring it is also generally not possible. However the new 6.1 version has a new option called Web object so you can embed any piece of any website to your Flash presentation (Web object is shown by means of index.html file to be clear). Possibly it could be a workaround for your case?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:20 pm   Post subject: Re: feature request: video from streaming server

Hi Mikhail thank you for your reply

so yes i believe the web object could do the trick i'll check ths out

my precise need is as follow: my app is a webappn where users can display slides, vidéos etc...when a user arrive late at the meeting, he reaches automatically the current slide viewed. Concerning vidéo also. lets say the meeting admin start a video at 10am. if somebody arrive at 10.20, the video will start at 20mn. this is only possible if streamed from a media server such a wowza.

i'll try the web object and let you know

thank you

Profile profile test