Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:43 am   Post subject: Remove IE8 requirement check

Hello,

Is it possible to remove the IE8 check from the html5 output ?
We want to use HTML5 on our website but most of the clients still have Internet Explorer 8.
I found some workaround for this but in the HTML output there is a check that prevents me to use that.

Greetz
Nik

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Remove IE8 requirement check

With all respect to IE 8 users, this browser won't support HTML5 by all means so the only possible way to get to the next era is to upgrade the browser. We haven't got any information about how to remove IE8 check as well.

There is a positive thing also. It can play Flash.

We are going to release combined conversion facilities Flash/HTML5 in the next products' generation 7. Thus, system will determine which device and browser it has and will show the most appropriate content which will give the best performance.

The release date for iSpring 7 is not estimated yet but it is going to be in the end of this year / beginning of the next one.

Meanwhile you can use iSpring Free/Pro/Suite along with Converter to create output for both standards: Flash and HTML5. After that you would need to develop a webpage that will determine the system properties of client and pick up the content that will run there perfectly.

There is a lot of JavaScript samples of browser detect on the web. E.g.: http://www.quirksmode.org/js/detect.html

dataBrowser also stores navigator.platform that could be used to determine which OS is installed on the client machine.

I hope my answer was helpful and you can get started with this solution pretty quickly.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:27 am   Post subject: Re: Remove IE8 requirement check

Thnx for the fast reply.
I know that IE8 is outdated. I allready tried to convince the client i'm working for to upgrade to the latest IE version. But due to compatibility issues with some webbased applications within there enviroment that isn't possible. (40.000 users).

I'll give your workaround a go, thnx for the Tip

Greetz
Nik

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Remove IE8 requirement check

You are very welcome. I am glad to hear that it could be a bit of help. Thank you for posting at our community forum by the way and I wish you luck in starting your project.

Profile profile test