Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:48 pm   Post subject: Using FlashSpring in Java

I want to know is there any way to use FlashSpring in Java applications?
Maybe through JNI? Does anyone has any experience in this? Examples?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:40 pm   Post subject:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your question.

We have some sample files showing how to work with FlashSpring Server from Java. We are going to include them into FlashSpring Server 2.3 installation package. For now we can send you these files via email. Could you please write to support@flashspring.com to give us your email address and we will send you the sample files to you.

Thank you!
Looking forward to your reply.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:04 pm   Post subject:

Hi, Kamilya!

I have sent my request to support@flashspring.
Though my email is the same as for my user in this forum.

Regards.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:39 pm   Post subject:

Hi Martin!

I have just sent the samples to your email address. I hope they will be helpful in your work. Please, let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:34 pm   Post subject:

Hi, Kamilya!

I have played a little with your sent code, but i couldn't make it work.
I tried everything i could think of but still nothing ...
Same exception drops out pretty much every time.

I'm using WinXP, Eclipse 3.2.0
In Exlipse File->Import->Existing Projects ...->inserting your given zip file.
I write jacob.dll, jacob.jar into C:\Java\
Rename main.java to Main.java, because it is conflicting with main function.
Run main function.

Everyting is running until:
System.load("C:/JAVA/jacob.dll");
Then it crashes with exception:

Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Java\jacob.dll: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1647)
at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:770)
at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1005)
at cThread.run(cThread.java:17)

Could You tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Regards,
Martin

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:43 am   Post subject:

Hi!

I'd like to know, is any progress in Your side?
Have You read my post or You just ignore it?

If FlashSpring integration with Java isn't ready yet, then I would like to know when it will be ready?
When will FlashSpring Server 2.3 be released?

This info is very important for me and my development team. If You can't provide necessary functionality then we will search for someone who can.

Regards,
Martin

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:08 pm   Post subject:

Dear Martin,

Like I said before, FlashSpring Server can work with Java. We have made additional testing on our side and the samples we sent to you in the email were working properly. We suppose that the problem occurs on your machine because JVM cannot access C://JAVA//jacob.dll file. To implement conversion successfully, you need to go to JVM/bin in the installation directory of JVM and execute the following command:

java.exe -Djava.library.path=C://JAVA//jacob.dll

Please, try this and let me know if the problem is resolved.

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:00 pm   Post subject:

Hi, Kamilya!

I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news are that I was finally able to run FlashSpring in Java

The bad news are that it was not working as intended I suppose. It was necessary to install at least msvrc80.dll library to work ...

I installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) & it started working.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

It seems, that Your given code is dependent from one or more C++ dlls.

Regards,
Martin

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:27 pm   Post subject:

Martin wrote:
Hi, Kamilya!
The bad news are that it was not working as intended I suppose. It was necessary to install at least msvrc80.dll library to work ...
It seems, that Your given code is dependent from one or more C++ dlls.
Martin

Thank you for your notice.
Yes. jacob.dll depends on msvcr80.dll
We must say that jacob.dll is not developed by us.
It is a free Java-COM bridge developed by Dan Adler. The web site of Jacob project is http://danadler.com/jacob/

The MSVCR80.dll dependency is caused by MS Visual Studio 8 compiler used to build this package. MSVCR80.dll is a Visual C runtime DLL library required by programs developed with MSVS 8.0. Perhaps there is a version of jacob.dll compiled with statically linked runtime library which doesn't require MSVCR80.dll. You can learn more about this on Jacob Project web site.

We are not responsible for Java-COM bridge work as we are not involved in this project. We just use it as an example of FlashSpring Server integration into Java-based environment.

FlashSpring Server is developed in C++ as a COM component and command line application based on that COM component. At current time we only have that small Java sample just to illustrate how to build your own Java-based applications with FlashSpring Server.

You can also use any other Java-COM bridges in your work if you think that JACOB is not suitable for you for some reasons.

Thank you.
Please write if you need any further assistance.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:39 pm   Post subject:

Aleksey Malov wrote:
We must say that jacob.dll is not developed by us.
It is a free Java-COM bridge developed by Dan Adler.

We are not responsible for Java-COM bridge work as we are not involved in this project. We just use it as an example of FlashSpring Server integration into Java-based environment.

Still If You already knew that, You should have told me that it is a possibility code not to work, because you use 3 party program that requires other dlls.That would saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Regards,
Martin

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:05 pm   Post subject:

Martin wrote:
Still If You already knew that, You should have told me that it is a possibility code not to work, because you use 3 party program that requires other dlls.That would saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Thank you for your feedback.

We made this sample specially for our customers who wish to use FlashSpring Server with Java when they asked us about it. We did some research work for them absolutely for free and we are upset that you blame us instead of thanking us for saving much more of your time on investigating java-com interaction technologies which are not related to FlashSpring Server functionality.

I am sorry for speaking so openly.
I hope that you understand my emotions.

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:00 pm   Post subject:

Sorry,

It wasn't my intention to offend anyone, it's just that I was little frustrated about the reason why code wasn't working. Thats all. I apologize if someone felt offended.

Regards,
Martin

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:38 pm   Post subject:

Martin wrote:
Sorry, It wasn't my intention to offend anyone, it's just that I was little frustrated about the reason why code wasn't working. Thats all. I apologize if someone felt offended.

It's Ok. Good luck in FlashSpring Server integration. :)