Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:30 pm   Post subject: iSpring and D2L

I have been using iSpring on and off for awhile. I started with iSpring free and now have Presenter 7. The college where I work uses D2L. I have been unable to use iSpring products in D2L for awhile. When I import the presentation and link the index.html page to Content and then go to preview the presentation...the presentation window starts moving down the page. Sounds weird but every iSpring package I have in D2L does the same thing including the Quiz Maker activities. Any ideas on what is causing this or how I can solve this problem?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:25 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring and D2L

Thanks for your post!

Interesting case. How about shooting us a couple of links to your D2L material at support@ispringsolutions.com and we'll have a look?

Let me tell you about a case which will always be near and dear to my heart. The user was experiencing a strange beeping sound on boot-up which sounded precisely as if a key were being held down on his PS/2 keyboard. Unplugged it, no solution. Opened the computer, unplugged all 4 IDE drives (after proper grounding procedure, of course) and all peripherals (except those couple of USBs; what could they possibly do?) — no solution. Yes, it was one of those USBs, a wireless keyboard receiver, and the keyboard was across the room with a pillow on it...and yes, that user was yours truly.

Why do I tell this mysterious anecdote? Because that strange "down" behavior you describe sounds eerily similar. Is your authoring environment the same as your testing environment, by any chance? (I think you can see where this is going...have a look! And leave no USB unturned...)

Otherwise, feel free to send us those links (create a student login for us if necessary), and maybe some source materials, and we'll have a look.

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:41 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring and D2L

D2L quiz reporting
Hi, I'm working hard to get a large database of short answer video-based quizzes into D2L. The iSpring import function works well, and I've developed PHP scripts to extract the response data for submission to MySQL so that the student's answers can be scored manually.

Now, I'm at the point of trying to get the SCORM modules working in D2L.
If I set the quiz to request the user's name and e-mail, the quizzes work in preview and from my local hard drive, but in D2L, the submit button will not advance to the quiz after typing in the user name and e-mail.

I unchecked the option to ask for user information, republished and got the quizzes running in D2L, hoping to get the username and e-mail passed from D2L. From the information posted in the iSpring website, it looks like sn and se variables will do the trick:

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/articles/sending-quiz-results-to-server.html

I haven't been able to check that yet because I'm getting the following error:
"Failed to send quiz results to the server. Do you want to retry?"

Do I need to activate an external learning tool?
Is there some setting in D2L I need to adjust?
Is it related to an iSpring setting?

Any help will be appreciated.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:21 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring and D2L

There is a way to pass a variable to a quiz object via URL
You can send USER_NAME and EMAIL as GET variables to an index.html file that launches the quiz:

https://mywebsite.com/presentation/inde ... @yahoo.com

The possible reason of the issue that the results are not sent is that your quiz is stored on the same server where you send details. Please try placing it on a distant server maybe it will help. As far as I know this issue could be configured by adding respective sockets:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WSb2ba3b1aad8a27b0-181c51321220efd9d1c-8000.html

Profile profile test