Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:15 am   Post subject: convert ppt to flash, then attach a player on the HTML page

Hi,
I am evaluating FlashSpring SDK, and I have a probably very simple question. Is it possible to convert to flash without a player, and then attach the player at the HTML page? I want to do this so I can provide a simple player for users who just want to see the slide show, but have an "advanced" player option that gives users access to notes, outline, etc... without having to convert it 2 times.

Thanks
Lance

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:55 am   Post subject:

Yes, you can convert your presentation using NullSkin player:

Code:
Set fs = CreateObject("FlashSpringAPI.FlashSpring")
fs.OpenPresentation "presentation.ppt"

' presentation.xml will contain presentation information in XML format
fs.Presentation.XmlContentFile = "presentation.xml"
fs.GenerateFlash "", "presentation.swf"

Then you can load this presentation into external Flash movie which will load the generated Flash presentation and communicate with it via ActionScript API. This external Flash movie will display necessary controls such as outlines, etc...
You can find the necessary samples in the C:\Program Files\FlashSpring Server 2\samples\client-side-api\samples\flash-player-samples folder.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:53 pm   Post subject:

Thanks,
I'm pretty new to Flash, what is a good editor for creating/editing actionscript? All the samples I have seem to be compiled, and I can't read them.

Lance

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:53 pm   Post subject:

Ok,
I have been playing with this, and I don't think my Flash skills are up to par enough to get anything done in the time requires. However, I played with the iSpring Pro addin, and there is a Crystal Player in there that is very close to what I want. Is there a way to use that player for FlashSpring Server generated swf files?

Lance

Profile profile test