Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:22 pm   Post subject: Insert Flash function using iSpring SDK

Hello everyone,

I am testing iSpring SDK 3.5 and I am blocked with embedded Flash movies in powerpoint.

I have tested the other iSpring products (like iSpring Ultra 3.5) and it was easy to convert a powerpoint with a Flash movie inside using the "Insert Flash" option.

In iSpring SDK 3.5, the "Insert Flash" option is not available.
Does anyone know the process to use in oder to convert a powerpoint with an embedded Flash movie using iSpring SDK 3.5 please ?

Just for information, I have tested to insert a Flash movie using the Shockwave Flash Object but it seems to not work.

Thanks in advance,
Anthony

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:08 am   Post subject:

Hello Anthony,

You are right, unfortunately, it's not possible to insert flash file using iSpring SDK 3.5. You can do it with the help of iSpring Pro 3.5 or iSpring Ultra 3.5. You can convert your PowerPoint presentation using iSpring SDK, but you should upload the Flash movie on the server.

Best regards,
Evgeniya

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:07 pm   Post subject:

Thanks for your quick reply Evgeniya!

But, I have an other question:
If a user uploads the Flash movie and his powerpoint on the server, how can he link the Flash movie to the right Powerpoint's slide ?

I have tested to upload a powerpoint with an embedded .avi video (I have also uploaded this .avi video in the same folder of the powerpoint) and iSpring SDK converts very well the powerpoint with this .avi video at the right slide.

So I wonder if it is possible for a powerpoint with an embedded .swf movie instead of an embedded .avi video.

Thanks again for your support,
Anthony

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:04 pm   Post subject:

Hi Anthony,

Yes, you can do it. iSpring SDK searches for all inserted files (audio, video, flash) in the folder with your initial PowerPoint presentation. If you upload swf.file to the folder with your PPT, iSpring SDK will be able to find and convert it.

Best regards,Evgeniya.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:48 pm   Post subject:

Hello Evgeniya,

I am not able to do that with iSpring SDK only.

Here is my process:
1- Creation of a powerpoint in a folder "Test"
2- Copy of a .swf movie in this folder "Test"
3- Insertion of this .swf in the powerpoint using the Shockwave Flash Object (ActiveX Control) because I don't have iSpring Pro and Ultra.
I define my flash properties (Movie URL + Embed Movie)
4- I publish the ppt with iSpring SDK

With this process, the .swf is not published.

Do you know how I can convert a powerpoint with an embedded Flash movie using iSpring SDK please ?

Regards,
Anthony

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:36 pm   Post subject:

Anthony wrote:
Hello Evgeniya,

Here is my process:
3- Insertion of this .swf in the powerpoint using the Shockwave Flash Object (ActiveX Control) because I don't have iSpring Pro and Ultra.

Do you know how I can convert a powerpoint with an embedded Flash movie using iSpring SDK please ?

Regards,
Anthony

iSpring SDK is capable to process embedded Flash movies. You can easily test it by uploading your PPT file to http://www.slideboom.com. Please make sure that your presentation is in PPT or PPS format not in PPTX/PPSX format (PowerPoint 2007). Flash files are not saved within PPTX and PPSX files by design - they are always linked (i.e. an SWF file will remain on your PC when you upload PPTX file to slideboom).

iSpring SDK is able to process embedded Flash movies in PPT/PPS file when the latest ActiveX Flash player is installed on your conversion server. To install the latest ActiveX Adobe Flash player you must open the following page in Internet Explorer and agree to install ActiveX Flash player plug in.
http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash
Make sure you are opening this page in IE (not Mozilla or another web browser) since IE installs ActiveX Flash plugin which is used by PowerPoint and iSpring SDK.

If these suggestions doesn't help you, we recommend that you send the problematic SWF file to support@ispringsolutions.com - not all Flash files can work properly being embedded into another SWF. For example, in most cases iSpring generated Flash presentation will not work within another iSpring generated presentation.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:36 pm   Post subject:

Anthony wrote:
Hello Evgeniya,

Here is my process:

Regards,
Anthony

iSpring SDK is capable to process embedded Flash movies. You can easily check it by uploading your PPT file to http://www.slideboom.com. Please make sure that your presentation is in PPT or PPS format not in PPTX/PPSX format (PowerPoint 2007). Flash files are not saved within PPTX and PPSX files by design - they are always linked (i.e. an SWF file will remain on your PC when you upload PPTX file to slideboom).

iSpring SDK is able to process embedded Flash movies in PPT/PPS file when the latest ActiveX Flash player is installed on your conversion server. To install the latest ActiveX Adobe Flash player you must open the following page in Internet Explorer and agree to install ActiveX Flash player plug in.
http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash
Make sure you are opening this page in IE (not Mozilla or another web browser) since IE installs ActiveX Flash plugin which is used by PowerPoint and iSpring SDK.

If these suggestions doesn't help you, we recommend that you send the problematic SWF file to support@ispringsolutions.com - not all Flash files can work properly being embedded into another SWF. For example, in most cases iSpring generated Flash presentation will not work within another iSpring generated presentation.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:10 am   Post subject:

Aleksey Malov wrote:
For example, in most cases iSpring generated Flash presentation will not work within another iSpring generated presentation.

Hello Aleksey,

Thank you for your reply.
I think this is the cause of my problem. I used several .swf generated within another iSpring presentation.

I have tested with .swf generated within Adobe Captivate or Camtasia and also other iSpring .swf with different settings and it works very well.

Thanks again!
Anthony

Profile profile test