Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:13 pm   Post subject: hyperlinks in tables?

I've built a slide with a table that has hyperlinks attached to text. I also created a stand-alone text box with a hyperlink as a text.

The hyperlink in the text box works fine; but the hyperlinks in the table DO NOT. The hand pointer doesn't even appear when hovering over the links inside the table.

Does iSpring work on links inside a table? Is there something I do to fix the links so they will work?

thx,

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:49 pm   Post subject: Re: hyperlinks in tables?

Thank you for the post.
This issue might occur when the hyperlinks are applied to SmartArt objects.
You can workaround this behavior in one of the following ways:
First, ungroup the SmartArt Graphic by selecting it and pressing Ctrl+Shift+G twice. Then apply hyperlinks to the individual elements that make up the graphic.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:33 pm   Post subject: Re: hyperlinks in tables?

The object is not smartart; its just a normal PPT table.

I did some further testing. I created a blank document with a single table and added a hyperlink to text in the table and the hyperlink worked. So I did a comparison with MY tables and discovered that the non-working tables had a drop shadow applied to them.

By removing the shadow the hyperlinks in the tables immediately started to work.

This is strange, as shadows applied to any other type of object have no affect on hyperlink capability.

Perhaps this is an issue that can be fixed in a future revision? I tend to use shadows to add depth to objects quite regularly, and I assume lots of designers do the same.

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:58 pm   Post subject: Re: hyperlinks in tables?

Hello Ray,
You are right as the text with some effect applied to it will be converted to an image and the hyperlinks won't work.
This can be bypassed by one of the following workarounds:
1. Apply the hyperlink to each shape with the text separately.
2. Create a transparent shape over each textbox and apply the hyperlink to it.
Users won't see any difference, but the hyperlink will work as it's supposed to.

Profile profile test