Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:41 pm   Post subject: Flex 3 integration and metadata

We are working on adding a presentation to a Flex 3 project using the AS3Bridge. We are able to load the file but it appears that none of the metadata is loaded and available in Flex. I can't see slide titles, duration, etc...

Is anyone having success using this within Flex 3?
If so, do you have metadata getting loaded?

NOTE: The exported swf seems to have the metadata as if I use one of the flash controllers from iSpring, I see titles, etc. It's just not available in Flex.

Thanks,
- michael

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:16 pm   Post subject:

On more digging, it appears that the metadate is not being saved out of iSpring Prensenter. When I generate a zip file and then look at the xml file, the titles and other data values are empty.

I am using PowerPoint 2007 with iSpring Presenter Master 4.0.5.2571.

Thoughts?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:29 am   Post subject:

Hi Michael!

Please let meknow which of iSpring player skins do you use? It will help us with identifying the issue.

Thank you in advance!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:41 pm   Post subject:

None - we are trying to use just the ppt file converted as a swf. We are bringing this into Flex along with a video feed and other media assets. Is that the problem? Does the setting of "None" not export the metadata? If so, how can I get access to just a swf of the ppt with metadata associated?

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:54 pm   Post subject:

OK... so I just exported a version using the Crystal skin and the metadata appears and is accessible within Flex... so, how can I get that info without using a skin or atleast without a visible skin?

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:23 pm   Post subject:

By default you can access only those metadata that are visible within a skin. We are planning to include the option that will allow to load any data regardless a skin.

There is a workaround which implies editing None Skin XML file, though we do not guarantee any stable results since it's not provided by design. You will need to modify the file that is located here:

C:\Program Files\iSpring\Presenter Master Edition\players\nullskin\publish_settings.xml"

This file contains information on which data should be considered by iSpring when converting a presentation. The settings listed there should be changed to the following:

<publishSettings skinModule="FullFeatured">
<texts>
<staticText type="presentationTitle" />
<staticText type="slideTitle" />
<staticText type="slideNotesText" />
<staticText type="slideText" />
<staticText type="slideNotesText" />
<staticText type="referenceTitle" />
<staticText type="referenceURL" />
<staticText type="presenterName" />
<staticText type="presenterTitle" />
<staticText type="presenterWebsite" />
<staticText type="presenterEmail" />
<staticText type="presenterInfo" />
</texts>
</publishSettings>

Sure, you can remove unnecessary items. Hope this information will be helpful to you.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:31 pm   Post subject:

Thanks seems to have done it. Thanks for the help.
- michael

Profile profile test