Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:29 pm   Post subject: Last slide detetion with ISPRING

I have spent many hours of tests and i have tried a few products which convert PPT in flash,your program is fine and the sdk version seems very interesting. But i have found a last
problem which is the detection of last slide without the use of a skin or a player.

To be more precise i use a flash sequencer written in Python which wait for an action script to go to the next slide. IS it possible with iSpring SDK to run this variable once the very last slide of the flash file is converted?

My original flash files are working in frame mode which mean that they may contain about 1000 images and once the last image is displayed, the variable which tell the sequencer to go next slide is run.

But your program rules videos sequences as i have seen so it doesn"t even display 2 seconds and then go to the next following flash without having finished to read my converted flash.

Do you have a solution?

Best regards

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Last slide detetion with ISPRING

1. Which method do you use to convert presentation to Flash:
- GenerateSolidPresentation
- GenerateCompoundPresentation
- GenerateStandaloneSlides

Depending on the conversion mode generated Flash presentations/slides provide ActionScript API described in SDK documentation:
For Solid and Compound Presentation mode it is:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/docs ... rence.html

For Standalone Flash Slides it is:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/docs ... rence.html

This API is available for ActionScript applications. It gives you facility to control playback presentation playback and receive notifications about various playback events.

Standalone and Compound presentations can also provide JavaScript API available for programs in JavaScript. It is described in the following chapter of iSpring SDK documentation:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/docs ... index.html
This communication is performed via ExternalInterface and thus this API can be also used by other languages (for example, C# and C++, and, perhaps, Python). Since your application is written in Python we would recommend that you read some documentation on Flash-Python communication.

Please let us know if this information was helpful. We will be happy to provide you with more assistance if you give us more details on the problem.
We also provide consulting services. Contact sales@ispringsolutions.com for more details.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:37 pm   Post subject: Re: Last slide detetion with ISPRING

I am not sure of my english. I am searching for a simple solution, for example a little AS file which be taken in count with my script addon? I don’t know which is the best solution for me. I wish to explain it now. Here it is explained by image.
On a working flash file i have this on start

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9462/capture01a.png

At the end I got this

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2834/capture02.png

As you can see at the start the variable is created and called at the most end to tell the séquencer that the flash is ended , the variable can also be created at the end without problem.
Now with converter IsPring SDK i have converted and uncompile the file in fla then open it with Adobe Flash and i can see 5 Slides instead of 275 which is a problem to set up the above code.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6130/capture03.png

I have made the test to add the code at the end "var vaPage = new com.player ..." :

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8525/capture04.png

This works …but as there are only 5 slides the flash doesn’t even display 2 seconds and it goes to the next flash
This is what i search ed exactly when I try your product, to know if i can put my code somewhere where it will be called when the flash will be totally ended.

Thanks for your help. A sample of code will be great.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:55 am   Post subject: Re: Last slide detetion with ISPRING

We do not recommend to decompile iSpring generated SWF files since it is not possible to reconstruct 100% identical FLA file from any SWF file - some information will be lost during decompilation.

We also do not recommend to rely on frame count in the generated Flash presentations - it is not connected with presentation duration directly. iSpring generated presentations are controlled by embedded playback control module written in ActionScript. It manages synchronous playback of animations and sounds, handles hyperlinks and plays transition effects. In other words - iSpring generated presentations are not simple plain Flash animations - they are full-fledged Flash applications.
That is why you should not rely on internal structure of the generated Flash presentations - it can be changed in future versions which make your application incompatible with new presentations.

Flash presentations created with iSpring Presenter and iSpring SDK products provide ActionScript API which you may use to control presentations playback and navigation. This API is backwards compatible which means that applications using this API will be able to control presentations created with newest versions of iSpring Presenter and iSpring SDK.

You need to develop a simple Flash application which will load the generated Flash presentation using fsplayer.api.CPresentationLoader, register playback event listener and receive notifications on playback events using addListener() method of the IPresentationPlaybackController interface.

The IPlaybackListener interface defines a set of methods which are called by presentations when various events occur during playback.

You may find various presentation playback control examples of iSpring SDK usage in the following folder:
C:\Program Files\iSpring\SDK\samples\client\samples\as2\presentation-control

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Last slide detetion with ISPRING

For uncompiling it was just an analysis method and i was not reusing code

I begin to better understand the principle of your API :)
Obviously my sequencer don't like scripts stored on the "presentation-control" folder because i don't think it handles flash version 8 but on the contrary the sequencer is working very well with the samples of "slide-control" folder.
If i analyze your files "slide*.swf" stored in the folder named on my PC "\iSpring\SDK\samples\client\samples\as2\slide-control\data" i see files which are here as test files and i can see at my great surprise that they were generated as several frames, which is the purpose i am exactly searching. I want to know if you are kind enough to tell me how do you to convert these files in multi frame format ?

Thanks a lot

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:38 am   Post subject: Re: Last slide detetion with ISPRING

Agent222 wrote:
Obviously my sequencer don't like scripts stored on the "presentation-control" folder because i don't think it handles flash version 8 but on the contrary the sequencer is working very well with the samples of "slide-control" folder.
If i analyze your files "slide*.swf" stored in the folder named on my PC "\iSpring\SDK\samples\client\samples\as2\slide-control\data" i see files which are here as test files and i can see at my great surprise that they were generated as several frames, which is the purpose i am exactly searching. I want to know if you are kind enough to tell me how do you to convert these files in multi frame format ?

These files were created in earlier versions of iSpring SDK (3.6 or 3.5). The newest versions of iSpring SDK generate standalone Flash slides in non-multiframe format since this gives greater flexibility of their control.
As I said earlier we do not recommend to rely on the internal structure of the generated SWF files and use ActionScript API for communicating with them. Applications that use ActionScript API will be able to control Flash slides generated in future versions while applications controlling presentations/slides playback via direct access to its internal structures may not work properly with presentations/slides created in future versions of the product.