Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:48 pm   Post subject: different output swf file size with GUI and command-line

Hello,

I'm having a really strange problem with iSpring SDK.

Within the Codebuilder GUI, when I launch the conversion with parameters below (separate slides, animations autostart, optimization for 1280x1024, links active..) using the 'Convert' button, output swf files are on average 100k.

Keeping the exact same settings and running the conversion with the 'Execute' button (command line), the output swf file size in on average 1MB. I've yet to find an explanation to the tenfold difference in size.

Can you help?

These are the settings I use:

iSpringSDK.exe l -w 576 -h 432 -ss "1280" "1024" -is off -fv 8 -iq 0 -t off -ht _blank -c off -k off -sa on -st 2 [path to my ppt] [path to the output folder]

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:55 pm   Post subject: Re: different output swf file size with GUI and command-line

update: I get the same difference running the conversion via COM automation. What does the GUI do that command-line and COM object don't?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:28 am   Post subject: Re: different output swf file size with GUI and command-line

You are using the -iq 0 option which turns on the lossless image compression. Lossless compression shows high compression rates for non photorealistic images only. It seems that your slides contain photorealistic pictures which are compressed poorly.

It seems that there is a small issue in Code Builder which generates an incomplete set of command line options and C#/VB.NET source code.

To fix the issue you should specify -jiq 75 command line option - this will make "photorealistic" images to be compressed using lossy (jpeg) compression while non-photorealistic pictures will be compressed using lossless (png compression).
For C#/VB.NET code you should add the following line:
converter.Settings.Media.JpegImageQuality = 75;

We will fix this issue of the Code Builder in the nearest release of iSpring SDK.

Meanwhile you may manually add the missing command line option.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ