Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:22 am   Post subject: Youtube video

I'm trying to use a youtube video in my presentation (with the Ispring Presenter 4.2), but the compiled file just show a black square written "this video is not available when the presentation is viewed offline". It does work when i host the file in a web server and access it online. Do exist something i can do to view the online video running the ispring file on my pc (connected on internet)..?

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:09 am   Post subject: Re: Youtube video

Adobe Flash Player security restrictions does not allow locally running Flash files to access resources in the Internet. Youtube videos are running in the internet. That's why they are inaccessible when Flash application is running locally.

Imagine the following situation:
You launch a Flash movie from your local computer. Since it is running locally it can read local files which may contain private or confidential information (passwords, documents, etc). Without the mentioned restriction this Flash movie would be able to send this confidential information to the Internet. That is why Adobe Flash Player doesn't allow local Flash movies to access Internet. And vice versa - Flash movies running in the Internet are not able to access your local files.

If you want to have video files in your presentation which work in the Internet and locally, please consider using another ways to insert video in the presentation - you may save video locally in .avi, .wmv or mpg format and insert it using standard PowerPoint video insert facilities. Then convert this video to Flash.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Youtube video

Oh :(

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Youtube video

I finally found a solution to allow all iSpring users to view YouTube in PowerPoint presentation locally, on my PC but connected to the internet:

1) Open your web browser and search for Flash Global Security Settings Panel
2) Add location - browse for files or folders
3) Publish the presentation.
4) iSpring Insert YouTube wont work. Use Web Object instead.
5) Go to YouTube and choose any sample video For example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHsGIt_zG0
6) Replace with http://www.youtube.com/embed/ydHsGIt_zG0

Just let me know if this work for you.

Nazrul
G6 Solutions

Profile profile test