Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:37 am   Post subject: CompoundPresentation mode

I have looked here in the forums and the most common response given by the iSpring team to any question is 'look in our documentation'. The problem is the documentation is not clear and provides almost no examples.

I am trying to convert to compoundPresentation mode just to evaluate and see if I can use the product. The generateFlash method says to input ppt file path as well as path and filename for output. For compoundPresentation the manual has the following:

void GenerateCompoundPresentation(string filePath="", string skin="", Object slideRange=null)

filePath for what? The source PPT? the output? What if I want to output in a particular place?

EDIT:
Never mind. I figured out it MUST be the output file path since it creates a folder and puts everything there.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:43 pm   Post subject: Re: CompoundPresentation mode

One more thing...

There is this warning...

// Warning! When you don't need iSpring object it is necessary to set it to null otherwise error will occur when PHP script finishes.
$fs = null;

So I leave this in the code. But...

My conversion works and all the files are there but I still get this at the end:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception' with message '<b>Source:</b> iSpring.PresentationConverter.4<br/><b>Description:</b> Error while converting C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\issdk32888718.tmp\movie.xml to \\Pnsrv-01\www1media\ppt\dougw' in C:\wamp\www\ispring\test.php:16 Stack trace: #0 C:\wamp\www\ispring\test.php(16): com->GenerateCompoundPresentation('\\Pnsrv-01\www1...', 'Standard') #1 {main} thrown in C:\wamp\www\ispring\test.php on line 16

Any idea why?

EDIT: path needs trailing slash !

Profile profile test