Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:56 pm   Post subject: Faulty thumbnails generated

Sometimes when thumbnails are generated using the SDK on our server, they come out like this: Image, when it should be like this: Image.
Any ideas why? If I use the code builder to generate thumbnails on the same server, they come out right.
The code for thumbnails generation looks like this:
_converter.Presentation.Slides.SaveThumbnails(Path.Combine(directory, "thumbs"), Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(s.ToString()) & "_thumb_", ImageFileType.IFT_JPG, 96, 72, 100)

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Faulty thumbnails generated

Make sure that user account you use on your server don't have enought privileges to write to temporary files folder

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Faulty thumbnails generated

Yes, the account have sufficient privileges in c:\windows\temp and I can see that files are placed there during the conversion, so this should not be a problem. Do I need access to any other temp folders?
Also, if this was a write access issue, how can the thumbs be generated at all? The problem is the black area in the thumbnail, as shown in my earlier post. If my account didn't have enough privileges, I would suppose that no thumbs could be generated.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Faulty thumbnails generated

iSpring generates thumbnails using standard PowerPoint methods to save slide as an image. I think that these problems can be caused by some peculiarities of the user account which performs the conversion.

Office full re-installation sometimes can help to resolve such problems. Make sure you installed all shared components of office and all components of PowerPoint. Sometimes full installation of Word and Excel can resolve such problems.

BTW, were you able to reproduce this problem on another machine?

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ