Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:31 am   Post subject: Memory Leaks / Magenta / Red overlays

Hi im trying out the sdk 4.2.1 using the code builder to create my swf and then the samples in the sdk to view and control.

Im am creating an AIR app.
Dev machine is 64bit Vista, with AIR 1.5.2 installed.

Im using the Advanced Glossy player.

Using the sample at;
C:\Program Files (x86)\iSpring\SDK\samples\client\samples\as3\air\sample2
i've found that I can load the swf correctly the first time, but when I close using the Close Presentation button (which calls the presentationContainer.unload(), when I reopen the swf, if loads but quite a few things are wrong;

1. slide transitions don't appear correctly
2. thumbnails have a magenta overlay

If i close the presentation, the memory used doesn't go back to what it was before, and then if I and reopen the presentation again now I have a Red box appears where the presentation should be.

Anybody else seeing this?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:42 am   Post subject: Re: Memory Leaks / Magenta / Red overlays

ActionScript 2 Virtual Machine of the Adobe Flash Player doesn't separate classes of the loaded classes which may cause problems with proper initialization of static variables of classes when multiple loads of the SWF movie occurs.
Advanced skin uses classes with static variables which may cause such side effects. This skin was designed for standalone playback only and loading of multiple instances is not currently supported.

We recommend using Null skin for such purposes.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Memory Leaks / Magenta / Red overlays

Ok, thanks Aleksey. I understand what your saying.

I've just tried using the No skin and I don't get the Magenta / Red overlays anymore, but the transitions between slide don't seem to work properly. To clarify, they do on first load, but when I close and reopen the presentation from within my AIR app, the transitions don't appear correctly.

Thanks
Richard

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:33 am   Post subject: Re: Memory Leaks / Magenta / Red overlays

Thank you for your feedback.
We will research this issue and try to fix it

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Memory Leaks / Magenta / Red overlays

Thanks.
Im also going to see if I can load the swf within a html control within AIR and be able to get access to the events fired from fsplayer.

Im thinking that loading within a HTML control will enable me remove the presentation fully. ANd hopefully be able to use one of the other skins.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks
Richard

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:52 am   Post subject: Re: Memory Leaks / Magenta / Red overlays

Cool. Got it working by loading into a htmlLoader, and I can get get access to all the player events fired from the swf.

My swf will be externally loaded, so I had to change the code in fsplayer.js to allow all domains. To handle the player events, I attached onto the onPlayerInit event a handler within my actionscript. Im assuming i'll be able to control the presentation this way too, but not tried that yet.

Using the htmlLoader, I can also remove it from its parent and its gone. Readding it works too and I'm able to use any skin. :)

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Memory Leaks / Magenta / Red overlays

I am glad to hear that you have managed to resolve these issues.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Memory Leaks / Magenta / Red overlays

itsthetaste,
Our developers were unable to reproduce the problem with missing transition effects. Could you please send us (support at ispringsolutions.com) a sample AIR application with the problematic Flash presentation and describe steps to reproduce the problem in details?