Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:48 am   Post subject: Generate SWF from FLV for resentation player

Hi!
I have FLV video and want to make it one of the slides in presentation. I converted FLV to SWF using ffmpeg and changed XML file (with player settings) to point to this file.

The problem is that when presentation is opened video starts playback even if slide is not activated yet. I understand that this is not exactly correct way to embed videos, but this is the only one way which works for me (as I have to generate these slides from C# code).

Is there any description of what SWF file with video should look like or how to get it using SDK?
Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Generate SWF from FLV for resentation player

FFMPEG generated SWF files and iSpring generated slides are different things.

First of all there is no any documented way to replace an iSpring generated SWF slide file with a custom one.
All undocumented ways (aka hacks) rely on knowing slide file structure and may work good for a current version of iSpring SDK and, perhaps, for several subsequent versions.
Our product is constantly developed and one of the future versions of our product may change the internal structure of the generated SWF files without damaging documented functionality (public APIs, etc). However this means that one day your "custom made slides" may become incompatible with the newest versions of iSpring.
Please consider that you apply the following information at your own risk. We do not support such "hacks" for free.

1. iSpring generated SWF slide file must not declare any visual objects on its main timeline (aka scene)
2. It must be one frame long. (If you need more frames - you must place them in the internal Movie clip).
3. It must be written in AS7 or higher and use ActionScript 2.
4. It must contain the following function on the very first (and the only) frame of its main time line:

function createInstance(name:String, depth:Number):MovieClip;
This function creates an instance of the movie clip and places it as its child with the specified name and the specified depth.
Name and depth are optional parameters. If they are not specified, they must be generated automatically. Here is an example of such function:

Code:
function createInstance(name:String, depth:Number):MovieClip
{
    if (depth == undefined)
    {
         depth = this.getNextHighestDepth();
    }
    if (name == undefined)
    {
         name = "mc" + depth;
    }
    return this.attachMovie("MovieClipName", name, depth);
}

5. The movie clip returned by the createInstance() function will be positioned at the required frame by presentation player core with gotoAndStop() method. This may cause problems with the playback of videos since their playback is controlled in a such discrete way. The solution is to place video object as a child of the returned movie clip.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:38 am   Post subject: Re: Generate SWF from FLV for resentation player

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I need.
It would be good to have in SDK methods which return something like a template for such SWFs or help to build new custom SWF.
It's quite a common task to create slide from image for example.

We're going to buy SDK OEM license which costs about $10k. Is it possible that we'll get some support with this task then? So, I'll not spend my time now developing SWF generator but will use some code you can provide?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:43 am   Post subject: Re: Generate SWF from FLV for resentation player

I also noticed that you use ActiveSWF to generate SWF.
So, there are 2 questions:
1) Can we use ActiveSWF directly in our project if we buy OEM license?
2) Can you provide some ActiveSWF XML template for generating SWF with embedded video then?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:27 am   Post subject: Re: Generate SWF from FLV for resentation player

creoman wrote:
I also noticed that you use ActiveSWF to generate SWF.
So, there are 2 questions:
1) Can we use ActiveSWF directly in our project if we buy OEM license?
2) Can you provide some ActiveSWF XML template for generating SWF with embedded video then?

If you are going to use both ActiveSWF and iSpring SDK in your project, you will have to purchase ActiveSWF and iSpring SDK licenses.
There are 2 licensing models for ActiveSWF:
1. ActiveSWF Professional 2.1 Server License $499
One developer, one production server, no redistribution.
2. ActiveSWF Professional 2.1 OEM License $1499
Up to four developers, royalty-free redistribution.

We can provide you with ActiveSWF XML template for generating SWF with embedded videos in case you need it.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ