Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:08 pm   Post subject: No cropping of content?

When converting a powerpoint slide where the content of the slide exceeds the working area of the slide, iSpring seems to generate an SWF which is adapted to the size of the content, not the powerpoint slide size.
I.e. if I have an image that is much wider than the powerpoint slide, iSpring seems to adapt the slide size after the image, whereas Powerpoint in "slide show" mode crops the image. Users generally tend to expect the same result from iSpring as is shown in the powerpoint slide show.
Is there any way to force iSpring to crop content?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:59 am   Post subject: Re: No cropping of content?

iSpring crops the image in case you create the "presentation".
Cropping does not occur when you export the presentation in a Standalone Flash slides mode.

In this mode you need to manually create a cropping mask using the setMask() method of the MovieClip object or by using the scrollRect property (Flash player 8 or above).

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:48 pm   Post subject: Re: No cropping of content?

I see, thank you. I guess, though, that we can't make a general crop mask to cover any converted powerpoint, because we would need to know the aspects of the converted slide to do this?
Are you planning to enable cropping functionality for standalone flash slides in some future release?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:43 am   Post subject: Re: No cropping of content?

bjerver wrote:
I see, thank you. I guess, though, that we can't make a general crop mask to cover any converted powerpoint, because we would need to know the aspects of the converted slide to do this?
Are you planning to enable cropping functionality for standalone flash slides in some future release?

Standalone slides created with iSpring Presenter and iSpring SDK provide information about slide dimesions via ISlideController ActionScript interface

Standalone slides cropping will be implemented in one of the future releases

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:59 pm   Post subject: Re: No cropping of content?

Quote:
Standalone slides cropping will be implemented in one of the future releases

Hi, I want to follow up on this.. has this been implemented yet or do you have a plan when it will be?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:53 pm   Post subject: Re: No cropping of content?

No, it hasn't been implemented yet.

Profile profile test