Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:03 pm   Post subject: Runnign iSpringSDK in Windows 7 service

Hi,

I have successfully written some code that shells out the the command-line iSpringSDK for PPT-->SWF conversion. But when I attempt to run my code as a service I get an error message:

Quote:
Failed to open presentation "c:\temp\bobisyouruncle.ppt"

From what I've read elsewhere, this seems to be a Component Services issue and permissions. My Windows skillz are a little rusty (more of a Mac guy these days) and am not sure where to configure what to get iSpringSDK, PowerPoint and Win7 services playing well together.

Any advice and tips would be appreciated.

tia,

Stu

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:33 am   Post subject: Re: Runnign iSpringSDK in Windows 7 service

PowerPoint is not able to open the presentation if it the launching user account does not have a Desktop folder.
In windows 7 the system user (which runs services) do not have the Desktop folder.
In this case you need to create it manually.

・Windows 2008 Server x64 or Windows 7 x64
Please make this folder.
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Desktop

・Windows 2008 Server x86 or Windows 7 x86
Please make this folder.
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop

The information is taken from there
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 421818ef91

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:16 am   Post subject: Re: Runnign iSpringSDK in Windows 7 service

Thanks. That seems to have resolved that issue!

Stu

Profile profile test