Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:46 am   Post subject: Cannot display picture in mobile device

Hi,
I created quiz using Quizmaker, then upload it to our website. Everything runs as expected on desktop. However, if I access the website with my phone (Galaxy Note II):
1. The website is re-arranged to mobile view, which is good;
2. Scrolling (for long question, or for list of questions) is quite slow;
3. Picture (which are embedded in questions) cannot be displayed in the phone, this is a big problem for me.

What should I do to display the quiz properly in mobile device? The quiz can be view in the following link:
http://thiquamang.com/f2/J14SSA/j14ssa.html

Thanks,
Anh Han

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Cannot display picture in mobile device

@anh.han

Thank you for posting here!
Glad to hear that you like the smartphone skin of our quizzes!
I regret to say that the mobile layout of iSpring quizzes doesn't include the background images inserted in Slide View mode. However, the images that you insert into your quiz using the option in the Form View will be preserved even on smartphones.

For example, this is what your quiz will look like if you insert the image using this option:
http://ispri.ng/VpJl

Hope that this can be of use!

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:12 am   Post subject: Re: Cannot display picture in mobile device

Hi,

Thank you for the solution on the picture display issue.

As for mobile skin, I found it quite slow in comparision to web view, and the finish button is not working in some cases (click on it does nothing). Just wonder if: I can change the mobile layout myself (for example, adding "Submit All" button in all questions), improve the loading & scrolling, and fix the "Finish" button?

Thanks,
Anh Han

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:38 am   Post subject: Re: Cannot display picture in mobile device

@anh.han
Glad to hear that it works for you!
Please note that the quiz performance on mobile devices depends on the internet connection speed and the performance of the smartphone/tablet that you take the quiz on. It's completely normal that smartphones work slower than desktop computers.
The "Submit All" button will only be shown on each question if you select "Submit all at once" navigation type.

Regarding the Finish button, it performs the standard JavaScript operation that closes the quiz window. However, this action can be blocked by many browsers and many websites, especially if the quiz is displayed in the iframe. Browsers and websites have more rights than the quiz window, that is why it can look like the Finish button doesn't work. As a solution, you can simply remove the Finish button from the result slide of your quiz:

Then your users will be able to close the window with usual "X" option in the top right corner.
Hope that this works for you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:10 am   Post subject: Re: Cannot display picture in mobile device

Hi,

For the "Submit All" button, I can get it on desktop view, but cannot display on mobile view (user have to move to the last question before s/he can submit the answers). Also, when I build the quiz with PhoneGap (for offline view), the view is still desktop, not mobile view.

One more problem arises, I add hyperlink in the Feedback sessions, but it doesn't work (click on the link does nothing, in both desktop and mobile version). Please help!

Thanks,
Anh Han

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Cannot display picture in mobile device

@anh.han
Thank you for the reply!
This is correct, when you are in mobile layout, you only have "Previous" and "Next" buttons. This was done to improve the user's experience on small screens. I will pass this on to our Product Development team for their consideration.
Regarding the second issue, how exactly did you insert the link? Did you use the special option in the "Question feedback" window?

I have tested it on my end, but seems to work correctly both in mobile and PC view. Please try to test it by the link:
http://ispri.ng/VpJl
Let me know if it worked. If you need our assistance with your quiz, you can send it to support@ispringsolutions.com. We will be glad to help!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:10 am   Post subject: Re: Cannot display picture in mobile device

Hi,

If you put hyperlink in individual feedback (via "By Question" option), it runs.
But if you put hyperlink on Properties of the Quiz, and have the "Default" option on Feedback, then hyperlink is not working.

Regards,
Anh Han

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Cannot display picture in mobile device

@anh.han

Sorry for the delayed response! Thank you for letting us know.
I were able to reproduce the issue on my end. I forwarded this information to our developers so that we can fix it in the further updates of our program.
Thanks for cooperation!

Profile profile test