Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:24 pm   Post subject: Flash version not displayed in dual HTML5+Flash output

Hello
I have produced two animations (single slide each, with effects) in PowerPoint and exported them using Suite 8.5.1.18128 in the dual HTML5+Flash format

The HTML5 format is displayed correctly, but I am trying to test the Flash format. Of course my browsers do not do that automatically, so I tried to open the flash.html file instead of the index.html file.
Is that a correct approach? If so, the only thing I am seeing is the gray spinner. The data/player.swf file never gets loaded.

On the other hand, I notice the presence of a html5-unsupported.html file in the data folder which seems to be never called (no appearance of tits name it in the source of any of the files)

I wonder, hence, whether the alternattive versions are being preoperly produced.

Thanks for any confirmation or ways to check the two formats.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Flash version not displayed in dual HTML5+Flash output

Hello and thank you for your post!

I believe you might not be able to view a Flash version of a presentation due to the fact that it was launched in Chrome from a local folder. The thing is that Chrome started to block Flash in September and totally blocked it in December.
However, if you open the same presentation as an HTTP link, it will work just fine.

Note that this may be common for other browsers as well.

The "html5-unsupported" file is created every time you create a presentation to HTML5/Combined format. However, it will never be called if you publish a presentation to the Combined format, as a Flash version will be launched instead.

Hope you find this information helpful!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Flash version not displayed in dual HTML5+Flash output

Thank you, Vladimir

No, I was not using Chrome. I know about plugins support being dropped in Chrome (although I though Flash was the exception to that rule)

My testing was rather in Firefox and, in addition, my comment is based of looking at the source code of files.
Any current browser supports HTML5, so how to check the proper working for the Flash version that -as far as I understand- will only be used if there is no HTML5 support?
Otherwise there will be no point in producing combined, 2-format animations but instead just produce the html5 version. I am aiming for the web server.

I checked again now in the web server and I see that visiting directly the "flash.html" file leads to display of the presentation just after the spinner image. So it works when in the server but not in local. as you suggested. Thanks!

As a side comment, my investigation onto this was caused since I wanted to reduce the download needed, or optimize it, in case of files which are common to several presentations, like 822 KB player.js. Having several copies of that file in separate folders is not good in terms of economy and website speed.

Thank you for your support.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Flash version not displayed in dual HTML5+Flash output

Thank you for sharing your findings here!
I am glad to hear that my short assistance was of help.

Profile profile test