Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:38 am   Post subject: Problem with Customize Quiz Report

Hi there, when trying to customize the quiz report's "From" field to change it from "iSpring Solutions" to my company name, it doesnt save.

Once i click the "save and return to continue" button in QuizMaker, and then open the quiz again and check the settings, it is back to having "iSpring Solutions" in the From field.

The same applies for the "Disclaimer" filed. Changes are not saved.

I just updated to the latest version of iSpring Suite also.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Problem with Customize Quiz Report

Me too. I have the same problem. I think this happens after upgrading to 8.7. In the previous version it has worked fine.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:41 pm   Post subject: Re: Problem with Customize Quiz Report

Hello and thank you for posting here!

1) Disclaimer
Just run a quick test and was not able to replicate this. The disclaimer remains changed each time I open it within one quiz. Of course, it is reset to default if I create a new quiz.

2) From
The same with the From field.
However, even if you change the From field information, the message will be sent from iSpring mail server. This option was removed from our server a few months ago and from our authoring tools some time ago.

The reason is that there were a lot or reports that the email delivery was failed due to the fact that learners entered invalid emails (e.g. asldkjfasoif@dfahdsfga.asdgnaoivr).
That is why it was decided to remove this vulnerable option.
As a way-around, let me suggest that you use %USER_NAME%, %USER_EMAIL% and other variables in the subject field:
%USER_NAME% <%USER_EMAIL%> %QUIZ_STATUS% "%QUIZ_TITLE%"

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Problem with Customize Quiz Report

I'm sorry but your response is not a solution.

Both myself and Eugen are having issues with this. I dont want to use a variable in the From, I want my business name. I understand that it is sent from the iSpring server, that is fine. I just dont want it to say its from "iSpring Solutions" - it is just the name that I am trying to change and it isnt working.

Please investigate this further.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Problem with Customize Quiz Report

Hello guys!
Could you please send your request to our Technical Support department?
This will also helps us to better understand what iSpring Software you're using.
Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Problem with Customize Quiz Report

Sure, how do I do that? is that an email address ?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Problem with Customize Quiz Report

You can do that via the form on our website here:
https://www.ispringsolutions.com/support/contact

Profile profile test