Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:06 pm   Post subject: Narration ending too soon

I have created a powerpoint with narration and when previewing and listening in narration editor, it seems to be fine. When I publish it, there are several slides where the narration ends before it is done. I have unchecked the box for slide duration. Any other suggestions?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Narration ending too soon

Hello and thank you for posting here!

As I can see, you sent us the files for a research.
Please expect a response from us really soon!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:28 am   Post subject: Re: Narration ending too soon

Hi,
probably I am facing the same issue.
In iSpring Narration Editor I added audio files (*.wav format) at the beginning of the slide and ticked the box "adjust slide duration". In preview and produced as a flash file this worked fine. But produced as SCORM 1.2 and HTML 5 only the narration stops 1-2 seconds before it ends. If I click into the narration and start or re-start from in between (e.g. sec. 23) then the narration ends as it should.

I am using iSpring Suite 8.7.0. LMS system used for publishing is TCmanager. Internet Explorer 11.0.43 is used.

I will now extend the length of each slide by 2 seconds but maybe there is another solution.

Best regards
Josef

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Narration ending too soon

Hello Josef,

Super sorry to hear about this!
Our developers have been researching this for a long time and came to a clue that this occurs with a low connection or if the server returns the content slowly (almost the same thing).

Our player starts to play when the file is pre-loaded, but then something is not captured from the server and it sounds like it is cropped. A workaround is to add 1-2 seconds before and after the audio clip in Manage Narration so that the will be a little more time to wait for the content loading.

Really sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Narration ending too soon

Hi Vladimir,
I am adding now a 2 sec pause to each of the audio comments, but still people tell me that sometimes the end is chopped off.
Yes, our corporate network is sometimes really slow...
But, is there any chance that there might be a way to synchronize audio and player better in the upcoming new version?

Profile profile test