Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:31 am   Post subject: Exit Button

Hi, I've just sent a scorm file to a new client, who has advised that:

I just did a quick test on the module and all looks good, except there is no way to close the program and so the program is not registering as completed/passed in our LMS.
I get the screen below, but as you can see there is no [x] to close the screen – I tested this on both desktop and tablet.
So basically I have no way to close the program.
On a tablet there is no [x] anywhere so I have nowhere to go from here.
On the desk top I can close the browser completely.
But in both cases the end result is that completed/passed is not recorded in the LMS:

Help! How do I get them an exit button so that the results are registered correctly? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

CHeers

Tina

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Exit Button

Hello Tina!

Thank you for your question!

First thing first, we do not have an Xout option, because it does not work in many LMSs due to the same-origin policy (a script cannot close a window, which was opened by a different script).

It also is recommended by SCORM developers that an LMS provides the Start and the Finish option: http://scorm.com/scorm-explained/technical-scorm/run-time/

Nonetheless, there is an option to add an Xout option right on a slide. Just apply the "End Show" action to a picture, text message or a shape on a slide.
Do this in the Insert tab >> Action >> Hyperlink to >> End Show.

Hope this help!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Exit Button

Thanks so much Vladimir - I'll give that a go!!

Profile profile test