Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:14 pm   Post subject: Adding custom navigation buttons to standalone quiz

I have created a standalone quiz for a kiosk. I create a scenario and a series of questions linked to the scenario. I want to create multiple such scenarios were the user submits all the answers related to a scenario and then selects the next scenario. The problem is I want the users to have the ability to freely navigate forward and backward within one scenario or pull up the info slide from any question till they submit all the answers for that scenario. This is because the questions are linked and a later question may give a better understanding of an earlier question - so he or she may correct it. Also some case scenarios are complex and the student may want to have a re look at the scenario in the later questions. How Can I create something like that? I have ispring quizmaker 8.7 only not the suite.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Adding custom navigation buttons to standalone quiz

Adding up to my previous message:
Try to change the navigation type in your quiz to Submit all at once:

Quiz takers will be able to navigate back to the info slide freely using the slide list:

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:48 am   Post subject: Re: Adding custom navigation buttons to standalone quiz

Dear Pavel,
Thank you for your reply. I had figured out the submit at once option and Plan to create separate small quizzes for each section / segment instead of onle long quiz. But What I really had in mind is to have set of custom coded ribbon in my flash exe file with action buttons like 'previous question', 'previous slide', 'case history', 'Clue', 'next slide', 'Next question'. from my little tinkering around it seems at tpresent there is an option to add custom script only at the result stage.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:59 am   Post subject: Re: Adding custom navigation buttons to standalone quiz

It is correct. It's only possible to execute javascript at the end of a quiz. I'm afraid there's option to customize player layout or design of its elements yet available in iSpring QuizMaker.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Adding custom navigation buttons to standalone quiz

What Michael said is true - unfortunately, you can't customize the iSpring quiz player to the point of having navigation buttons that didn't exist before.
You can try adding relative hyperlinks leading to other quiz files to images placed on question slides.
Also, you can try to build an html parent page with the navigation buttons and then put your quizzes into the "slots" within this parent page.

I hope one of these workarounds works for you.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:41 am   Post subject: Re: Adding custom navigation buttons to standalone quiz

Thank you Michael and Pavel. Will look at the HTML option then.

Profile profile test