Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:37 am   Post subject: No course completion with "hidden" slides?

Hi, I recently created some courses - all the settings the same as "always", but somehow they won't mark complete. There are no quizzes, so completion should be triggered at 80% of the slides viewed. Using iSpring 9, xAPI, Grassblade LRS. I just tested with the exact same settings, but only the first three slides and things work just fine.
The only thing I can think of is that the "full" course had 3 hidden references slides. Does iSpring somehow throw a loop when there are hidden slides? Just wondering what could be.. I am currently re-rending without those slides and will see what happens, but thought I'd post here and see what others think. Thanks.
Helma

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:11 am   Post subject: Re: No course completion with "hidden" slides?

Hi Helma,

Thank you for your inquiry! The thing is that hidden slides affect the completion status of a course. If there are some hidden slides in a course and there's no way for a user to view them, they will not get the Complete status for that course no matter what. The thing is that SCORM 2004 and xAPI both have two different completion statuses, one is for slide views (Complete/Incomplete) and the second one for graded materials like quizzes (Passed/Failed). In order to get the Complete status for a course, a user will need to view all the slides of a course.

To fix that I would recommend deleting hidden slides or create some hyperlinks on slides to redirect users to these hidden slides.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:14 am   Post subject: Re: No course completion with "hidden" slides?

Michael, thanks for getting back to me so quickly! That DOES make me feel better and at least there is a reason to why it wasn't working!
Thanks! Might want to add that to the player as a "hint" somewhere ;) Have a great day.

Profile profile test