Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Dear João,
I totaly understand your point!
Please be sure that you request was forwarded to our Product Management Team for future consideration.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

João
Thanks for posting you script, I also am no programmer but need the same functionality of results going into a MySql DB.

So will try and work out if your script can get us one step further and hope iSpring maybe have a kind heart on run up to Christmas and produce a demo script that send detailed results to a MySQL DB

Thanks again. Time to dig out the phph books once more..

Dave

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:36 am   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Da DaveG
You're welcome. I will share what I learn here, although at a slow pace...
Warm season greetings to all

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Hi All,
So my PhP script to write results to a MySQL db does work fine if the student "answers" all questions. If the students skips one questions, I can't get the script to write anything to the DB. All it says is that "The Results were not submitted. Do you want to submit again?".

Tracking the error, I get this errior:
> POST http://localhost:90/teste/index.php 500 (internal server error)
This is caused by some "violation" in:

line 212 of the "player.js"

This player.js file is produced by iSpring when you export the Quiz. I have my results with the option "Let the user finish the quiz whitout answering all questions"

Has anyone here know what may be causing this?
Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Dear all,
keeping tracking my "error" of my "write results to a MySql" not working when some questions are not answered, I just found out that this (not answering all questions) is a problem only for "multiple choice" questions. All other types (fill in, order, etc...) can be left blank.
The bug tracker refers to line 212 of the player.js file that QM produces when it exports the Quiz. This line deals with multiple choice answers and call several libraries for this type of questions. Somehow, this line does not accept "empty" answers.

I thus believe this is a bug whithin the js generator from QM.

However, iSpring support is not available to help. They keep saying that I need to order a custom development project (to look at a php file they asking for USD 2000 to start). They said that since the "sending results to email" accepts empty answers that must be a problem with my code... I can't see why (my code just sends results to MySQL).

This is all so disapointing. I bought iSpring QM, and I was thinking in upgrading to version8, but not anymore... :-(

It seems that we are all alone in this forum.

DaveG have you found a solution to your problem? Did my php script and instructions worked for you?

Season greetings.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

I have it working, but not checked for the error you say above, will check and come back when I have info.

Dave

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

DaveG wrote:
I have it working, but not checked for the error you say above, will check and come back when I have info.

Dave

Hi Dave,
Thanks. Can you please see if you get the error "Failed to send quiz results to the server. Do you want to retry?" if you leave one multiple choice question unanswered?

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Hi jo,

yes tested and found same issue with multi choice questions when trying to send to server.

I can't see how they can say its a php issue, the result is not sent and does not even get to the server. It fails to send and as such can only be related to the output files produced by iSpring when you publish quiz.

I too now hope they review and come back with an answer.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:07 am   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Thank you all for this continuous collaboration!

@Dave,
Did you try the same script?

I have a very strong belief that the issue with sending quiz results to server is hidden somewhere in the script, as we have tested different scenarios on our server and there were no data loss.
We vendor the software "as is" with a guarantee that all features that are listed in the product work. If something seems to be broken we test and fix (if it is required).

For any case, please try to send quiz to email and server to see if results will be sent to email whenever you answer "multiple choice" or not.

Please let me know how it goes!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:30 am   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Vladimir wrote:
Thank you all for this continuous collaboration!

For any case, please try to send quiz to email and server to see if results will be sent to email whenever you answer "multiple choice" or not.

Please let me know how it goes!

@ Vladimir: Yes, the email submission works. The php script I made just write POST variables into the Database. The issue is with line 212 of the player.js. Apparently, it does not accept empty multiple choice questions (works fines if all multiple questions are answered; also works fine if other question type are answered or not).

If your script works fine with your server, can you please post the script you are using? and the Php script that creates the MySql database who receives the data? (fro the regular "data saving" the scripts should be quite small).

Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

@ Vladimir:

Tested with sending to both email and to server. Email works fine, sending to server does not when multi choice question is missing an answer - same as Jo.

I'm not using the same php scripts that jo is using, but I'd guess using the same base files supplied by iSpring at http://www.ispringsolutions.com/article ... erver.html
That being the sample PHP script, pushing the POST var to DB (MySQL) - not touching any Detailed Results.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

So, follow two independent reports of two customers, will someone at iSpring look at the player.js file and see if there is a bug or not? or be kind just to post some php script that does works as supposed? (in case either me or Dave are making a mistake?)
I agree with Dave, the player.js does not even let the POST command work, so it must be a bug in QM.

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:36 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

@Dave,

The thing is that quizzes use the same script while sending quiz result to our servers that parse results and send to tutors' email:
https://github.com/ispringsolutions/QuizResults

Nonetheless, I spoke with our engineers and asked them to test any possible vulnerabilities that were explained here before.

I will post the results here as soon as I have any updates.
Thank you for your patience!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:24 am   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Vladimir wrote:
@Dave,

The thing is that quizzes use the same script while sending quiz result to our servers that parse results and send to tutors' email:
https://github.com/ispringsolutions/QuizResults

Nonetheless, I spoke with our engineers and asked them to test any possible vulnerabilities that were explained here before.

I will post the results here as soon as I have any updates.
Thank you for your patience!

I just noticed that there was an update of the iSpring files in the Class files at GitHub:

"classes Ability to process results with unanswered questions 2 days ago"

And inside the Classes there's a Multiple choice php file that was also modified...

I will not be able to check them for now (I am out of the office for the week), but it seems that there's something going on... :-)

Warm regards,

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

@jpmaroco

Yes, our developers worked on this after we tested your suggestions.
I thank you for your collaboration!

Please test this on your end and confirm that this works, as the results are positive on our end.

Profile profile test

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5