Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Thanks, I'll be able to test tomorrow and report back then.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:08 am   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Managed a quick test this morning and it looks okay with the two new files. It was only a quick test and only to multi choice question where I did not provide all answers to a question.

I'm planning a better test later in the day when I get home, but at work I've no spare time today to fully test. So will report much later with results of better testing.

But so far, looking better.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:25 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Hi Dave and Vladimir,
Same here: just run a quick test: No error in submission and actually data gets written in the database.
Thus it seems the bug is solved (in the multiplechoice question type php file handling the answers). I will like to test for all other questions, but only after I get back to office.

Thank you all for working on this together.

Season regards,

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Hello all!

Thank you so much for your strong will to get it fixed!
I appreciate and encourage sharing any results that you might have while testing!

I thank you for your collaboration!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

be happy when finished, uploading my files for anyone to use as a base, maybe a couple of days/week yet but.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Hi all,
This forum has been quiet. I have been away from this project. So my script to write the results to the MySQL does work. However, I only write Name, ID number, PSP, SP, an essay answer and xml detaliled results to a db field:

$sql = "INSERT INTO results (username, userid, psp, sp, tp, itemescrita, Respostas, DateTime)
VALUES ('$username','$userid','$psp','$sp','$tp','$itemescrita', '$detailed_results_xml', NOW())";

Now, what I would like to do is to get the all quiz answers in the MySQL database, one in each of the Database field. I guess it would be something like the

@file_put_contents($resultFilename, $report);

provided in the iSpringQuiz script to write all the test questions and results to a txt file.

Can this be easily adapted to write all the quiz results to the database?
Some function like:

@DB_put_contents($DBConnection, $report);

@ Dave: Dave, have you such interest/need? or you are just writing the quiz final result to the database as I am?

@iSpring engineers: Could you produce such a script?

Thanks,
João

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Thank you for the post!
The request to create a script for MSQL database was already passed on to our engineers.
I regret to say that we were not planning to create the script in the nearest future.
The onle way how this can be implemented is the Custom Development Project.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

DaveG and JPMaroco. I have had some success developing a script to post to local server. Are you still researching this?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:45 am   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

facarroll wrote:
DaveG and JPMaroco. I have had some success developing a script to post to local server. Are you still researching this?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:17 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

frcarroll wrote:
facarroll wrote:

Yes, frcarrol. I have also developed something very basic to write the quiz total score and the Wordbank question (see previous pages). My problem is that I am using latin chatacters and I can't get them written correct to the filename. For example, instead of "João" I get "Jo£o" :-(

Can you share your script and a brief description of what it does?

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:03 am   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

jpmaroco wrote:
frcarroll wrote:
facarroll wrote:

Yes, frcarrol. I have also developed something very basic to write the quiz total score and the Wordbank question (see previous pages). My problem is that I am using latin chatacters and I can't get them written correct to the filename. For example, instead of "João" I get "Jo£o" :-(

Can you share your script and a brief description of what it does?

Thanks!

Hello jpmaroco.
I may be able to help, but I would prefer that you contact me off list, at fun at safetytestingonline.com
This is an email address I've set up to deal with various topic that may attract spam. Regards, frcarroll.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Hi jpmaroco and frcarrol

We've now developed a complete solution that captures our results and has a full administration backend to manage results. Trouble is it’s got so big and so customised it’s not something we can strip down and post. As it uses lots of custom variables as we'll as the default set. In fact is still on-going development, but just tweaking now.

But at the basics we're doing the same, putting the results data into MySQL DB table and then after that we have lots of stuff going on for viewing, action and managing results.

Maybe when this project and the other we're working on finish, we'll have time to come back and strip down the basics, but I think in this thread they are there already.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Thanks Dave,
Yes, it would be nice if we could share.

I have solved all the international characters (utf-8) writing problems inside MySQL.

I get my script to write results to the MySQL database and create the table and columns as function of the item types. But I have only 4 types yet... still have the other to do.

Dave can you share you script? my email joao.maroco at iave.pt

Best

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

jpmaroco wrote:
Thanks Dave,
Yes, it would be nice if we could share.

I have solved all the international characters (utf-8) writing problems inside MySQL.

I get my script to write results to the MySQL database and create the table and columns as function of the item types. But I have only 4 types yet... still have the other to do.

Dave can you share you script? my email joao.maroco at iave.pt

Best

At the moment I can't as the "script" is not just one php file, there is lots as it also includes our administration backend and all (staff) user account details etc.
I'll see if I can strip out the basics of what we capture to the DB, as all the reset is php for managing and displaying that data.

Maybe a few days, unsure.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Help Please - Results to Server (QuizMaker)

Hi DaveG,
Sure, credentials for the database should be removed. But just the basic module that parses the results would be enough. Do you create a database using different items type, or you use always the same item type?

Also, do you have an online classification system for the essay type items?

Best regards,
J.

Profile profile test

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5