Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:22 pm   Post subject: Controlling when the learner can advance

I have some questions about controlling when the learner can advance to the next slide. My iSpring 8 course is set to Limited navigation. "Advance with gestures or mouse click" is unchecked. Most of of the slides have audio, the audio controls are hidden, and the learner can't advance to the next slide until the audio has finished playing.

1. As with the audio, can I control advance when there's video on the slide, not allowing the learner to move to the next slide until the video has finished playing?

2. Some of the slides have click-tell interactivity, using animation triggers. Is there a way to require that all these triggers must be clicked before the learner can advance?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Controlling when the learner can advance

@slrosen
Thank you for your post!

Quote:
As with the audio, can I control advance when there's video on the slide, not allowing the learner to move to the next slide until the video has finished playing?

You can control the video slide advance if you follow these steps:
1) click on video on your slide. Go to Playback tab and select Start -> Automatically

2) Next, go to iSpring tab and click on Presentation Explorer.
3) Change the video slide duration to the length of the video:

4) Click on "Save and Close"

When you publish the presentation, you can turn off the video controls. Go to Advanced tab and unmark "Enable slide video controls".

Quote:
Some of the slides have click-tell interactivity, using animation triggers. Is there a way to require that all these triggers must be clicked before the learner can advance?

You can lock the slide controls for some slides in the Presentation Explorer:
1) unmark "Auto" and "On-click" advance options
2) lock controls

Then the user will be able to move to the next slide only by clicking on the trigger-hyperlink.

Please follow the link to view the sample presentation:
http://fox.ispringlearn.com/view/15311-HUaSx-ykXN4-BczwY

Hope that this can be of use!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Controlling when the learner can advance

Thanks! Very helpful information.

Profile profile test