Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:52 am   Post subject: Hiding objects when a slide loads

In my iSpring 8 course, some slides are click-tells, with clickable objects such as tabs that display text boxes and images when clicked. I'm using the Disappear animation option to hide those text boxes and images when the slide loads.

However, when I view the course over an internet connection, sometimes everything on the slide displays very briefly when the slide loads, and then is hidden. Is there a way to keep this from happening? One solution I thought of was to have a big white rectangle on top of those text boxes and images, so when the page loads they can't be seen, and then hide that white rectangle each time a tab is clicked.

Is there a better solution?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:49 am   Post subject: Re: Hiding objects when a slide loads

Hello and thank you for posting here!

Indeed, this often happens with HTML5 content items. More often this happens in IE.
As a solution you can try to use a manual navigation so that users need to click a link on a slide to go to the next slide or the NEXT button on the bottom control bar.
This can minimize this inconvenience, as the next slide is being loaded while a current one is playing.Thus, manual navigation to the next slide can help to start the next slide without this blinking.

Hope this helps!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:52 pm   Post subject: Re: Hiding objects when a slide loads

Thanks for the reply, Vladimir.

All of the slide-to-slide navigation is manual, using the Next button in the control bar.

I did a test of the solution I mentioned in my original post, and it worked, so I'm going use that to take care of the issue.

Regards,

-Stuart

Profile profile test