Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:36 pm   Post subject: Audio compression

Hi,

I publish one slide with a sound narration in it. In the data folder I see the mp3 is 2,248KB but the original sound is 652KB and I put the slider to 100% for the audio compression.

I saw in the online documentation "If you set a 100% value, no compression will be applied to the source audio. "

Why the sound isn't the same weight? What will be the setting to keep the same sound exactly?

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio compression

@Chantal
Thank you for contacting iSpring Tech Support!
The thing is that when you publish presentation with audio or video in it, the original file will be decompressed and then compressed again with the selected quality settings. That is why the size of the output mp3 doesn't match with the original.
If it's important for you to keep the sound exactly the same, you can replace the file in the output folder:
1) create a copy of your original file
2) rename it to sound1.mp3 (the number can be different if you have several audio files in your presentation).
3) replace the converted file in the data folder generated by our program with your file.
Hope that this can be useful!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio compression

Hi,

Thanks for your response, maybe in a next version you can add a setting that will not compress but only copy the audio or video?

Just an idea!
Chantal

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio compression

@Chantal
Thank you for understanding!
I will forward your request to our Product Development team for their consideration. We appreciate your feedback!

Profile profile test