Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:27 pm   Post subject: How to replace audio

Suppose I were to design a course with 100 lessons, and also a lots of slides in each lesson. Each slide has an audio. For example, there is a chime that is played each time the user changes to the next slide. Or a standard buzzer sound for the wrong answer on a quiz.

Is the audio stored in one place? If I have multiple instances of the audio, does that increase the file size?

Can I change the audio for all slides and quizes? Maybe this could be done by using a master slide in the beginning?

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:54 pm   Post subject: Re: How to replace audio

Hello and thank you for posting here!

Importing multiple files into a course will increase the finite size of an outcome project. Even if you use the same file on more than one slide/question, it will be copied so that you have copies of the file.
If you need to change the audio, you will need to change it on each slide/question.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:52 pm   Post subject: Re: How to replace audio

So there is no way to store an audio file in a single location to reduce space? What if I use a master slide?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:24 pm   Post subject: Re: How to replace audio

I am super sorry to say this, but Master Slide will not be of help here.
Animations and other effects applied to Master Slide work only in PowerPoint slide show, not after the conversion to HTML5 or Flash.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:54 pm   Post subject: Re: How to replace audio

Vladimir wrote:
Animations and other effects applied to Master Slide work only in PowerPoint slide show, not after the conversion to HTML5 or Flash.

If I make changes to the PPT with the VBA developer tab, do the changes transfer over to HTML5?

For example, I make a button and add a VBA script. Will the VBA script work after exporting to HTML5?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:38 pm   Post subject: Re: How to replace audio

No, they will not be preserved and work in HTML5.
VBA scripts and macros will work only in the environment where they are created.

Profile profile test