Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:57 am   Post subject: Hosting video files externally?

G´day.
When you create content and the output file is in html5 format, can the video files be hosted externally? I mean, sure, I kow I can host the html5 on my site, upload everything (including the video files) via ftp and that's it, it'll work. But that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking whether I can host the html5 files on my site except for the video files, which will be uploaded somewhere else and then I'll be linking to them. Is that an option?

I'm asking because it is a well known fact that if you host your video files on your site and you've got many visitors, you're likely to have problems with your web hosting company, so the ideal solution to that would be to host everything on your site except for the video files.
Is this an option?

I'm aware that I could get Ispring Platform or Ispring cloud to host everything, but if you're on a budget like I am, the option to host the video files externally would be a fantastic solution. After all, it would only take a few lines of code, linking to the video file...

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:42 am   Post subject: Re: Hosting video files externally?

Never mind, this is already possible from version 6 if you have the suite (rather than the Quiz only).
That's pretty amazing!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:20 am   Post subject: Re: Hosting video files externally?

If you insert the video from the youtube site, how about it!
It's a solution for the present!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:40 am   Post subject: Re: Hosting video files externally?

Hey guys,

How do you use external hosting ability with the ispring video system?

Cheers,

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Hosting video files externally?

I use Vimeo for most things and embed as a web object for the slides I want video.

Profile profile test