Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:43 pm   Post subject: iSpring 9 - removed playback and navigation options?

My office has started to update existing iSpring Suite 8 installs to iSpring Suite 9, and I am having trouble locating a couple Playback and Navigation Options we used to utilize a lot in previous versions of iSpring (all the way back to iSpring 6).

The options I am looking for are:
1. Change Slides Automatically
2. Minimum Slide Duration |X| seconds

I did find that you can use the Slide Properties menu to adjust individual slides, but was wondering if there was a way I can set these options automatically for all slides. I thought they would be under Customize Player > Playback and Navigation, but that does not seem to be the case.

I completely understand if these options were removed to make the publishing process more streamlined, but if that is the case, then perhaps this post would be better suited for the Feature Requests board.

Thank you!
Steven

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:24 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring 9 - removed playback and navigation options?

Hey Steven,

Thank you for posting here!
The options that you look for were indeed removed from the product altogether. We did that because Slide Properties allows you to do the same and we really wanted to make Suite9's interface simpler than version 8's was.

Here's what you need to do:
1) Go to Slide Properties
2) Select all slides with Ctrl-A
3) Select Auto using the icon on top while you have all slides selected
4) Change the timing to the minimum that you want to set, press Enter to apply to all slides
5) Click Save & Close

That should let you set up your presentation exactly the way you were able to do that in Suite8.
Let me know if you have more feedback/questions in this regard.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:14 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring 9 - removed playback and navigation options?

Hi Pavel,

Thank you very much for the quick response. I thought about your proposed solution as well, but unfortunately I ran into some issues.

The method of pressing Ctrl + A and selecting Auto definitely solves the problem of changing the slides automatically. Unfortunately, adjusting the time this way can actually create new problems instead, and can really only be used for presentations that don't have any slides with preset lengths.

For example, some of the users here may create a 60 slide presentation with narrations or interactions on 40 slides, but no narrations or interactions on 20 of them. The 40 slides would have a set length already, but the 20 "blank" slides would have a length of 0.

By pressing Ctrl + A and adjusting the minimum time, they would inadvertently overwrite the pre-existing time lengths for the slides with timed content, and that is something we would want to avoid.

I understand that users can Ctrl + Left Click the slides to select only the ones that they want to customize instead, but this would ultimately take much more time than what the users used to do with the options that were removed.

I do love the simpler interface of iSpring 9, and can definitely understand the reasoning behind removing seemingly redundant features, but I really would like to have those two options added under the Playback and Navigation's Miscellaneous option set.

In addition to providing a quick and simple solution to both problems, it was also nice to be able to click the options once and have them save for all future presentations instead of having to do it manually for every presentation published through iSpring.

Thank you again for your continued support!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:15 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring 9 - removed playback and navigation options?

Steven,

Thanks for such a detailed explanation of the case and the difficulty that you are facing.
I've passed your request to my colleagues in the Product Development team. They will consider your feedback and decide whether these options should return in one of the future updates for Suite9.

If there's anything else you would like to share, please feel free to.

Profile profile test