Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:39 am   Post subject: Quizmaker, SCORM and D2L

My school system uses Daylight (D2L) LMS.
Currently I can get my quizzes into the content as a link to the iSpring cloud, have the quiz send me a e-mail and use an automated e-mail parser to put the results into a spreadsheet.

That works pretty well, but I would rather it report results directly to D2L. I read the articles about adding SCORM objects into D2L, and I followed instructions. (old way because admin has new solution turned off). My quiz runs just fine, until it hits the result page. When I hit the FINISH button, nothing happens. If I close out, then come back, it asks me if I want to resume and sends me back to the results page, which just reinforces my thought that the quiz never submitted anything to the LMS.

Anybody else using quizzmaker quizzes in D2L, Brightspace, or Daylight?

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:26 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker, SCORM and D2L

Hi,

Thank you for posting here!
The finish button doesn't actually send stats to the LMS – it's the moment when you close the tab with the quiz that triggers sending stats.
Also, sending stats doesn't only occur on the last slide – actually, the data is being sent throughout the quiz. Question answered – data sent.

So you can just close the tab with the quiz and that should do it.

If you'd like to remove the finish button completely (it's probably not able to close the quiz tab because the quiz is in an iframe so it sits there doing nothing) then do the following:
1) Open your quiz in QuizMaker
2) Click on Form View
3) Click Quiz results
4) Select Finish Action → Don't show "Close" button
The steps apply to version 9 so if you're using Quizmaker 8, just let me know.

Paul

Profile profile test