Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:31 pm   Post subject: Disable video pause or link with ispring

Hi,

I have a video on my slide, I have disabled media controls. I have also deleted the pause animation control. The video is set to play automatically. This works fine.

However, I can click the video to pause it, this does not pause the iSpring slider bar.

Is there any way to disable the click to pause? Or make it so the slider also pauses?

Cheers,
Scott

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Disable video pause or link with ispring

Hi Scott!

Thank you for your inquiry! If you would like to prevent users from clicking on a slide and stopping video, I would suggest adding a transparent shape above a slide and disabling the on-click navigation in the Slide Properties menu. This way users will not be able to pause a video on a slide by clicking on it.

Here's a link to a video on how to add transparent layer above a slide:
https://ispri.ng/ZqDLB

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Disable video pause or link with ispring

works great to stop them pausing it.. thank you.

how do I make it so the iSpring pause button pauses the video playback on my slide?

Cheers,
Scott

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Disable video pause or link with ispring

You should be able to control playback of a video placed on a slide by default, however, if it doesn't work, I would recommend setting n avigation type to By animations. To do that open the Player menu on the iSpring Suite tab, select the Playback and Navigation tab and select the By animations option in the Navigation type drop-down menu.

Profile profile test