Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:23 pm   Post subject: Quizmaker - multiple response questions scoring

Hello.

I have created a quiz consisting of multiple response questions to which there are two correct answers from a total of seven selections.

I would like to set the scoring so that a person who gets both correct answers gets 3 points; a person who selects one right answer and one wrong answer gets 1 point and a person who does not select a correct answer gets 0 points.

Is that possible? If so, how should I set it up?

Many thanks

Normski

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker - multiple response questions scoring

Hello and thank you for posting!

Yes, iSpring QuizMaker 8 allows you to set how many points will be earned by a quiz taker, based on which asnwers are selected. Just go ahead and select "Score: By answer" on the Feedback and Navigation tab.
Then go back to the central panel where you see possible responses and set points value for each response:

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker - multiple response questions scoring

Hello, Vladimir. Many thanks for your response but I cannot see the selection: "Score: By answer". Where, please, is it located?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:24 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker - multiple response questions scoring

Hello again, Vladimir. I found the selection. However, it does not seem possible to set differential scoring for a multiple response question.

I would like to set the scoring for a multiple response question so that a person who gets both correct answers gets 3 points; a person who selects one right answer and one wrong answer to the same question gets 1 point and a person who does not select a correct answer gets 0 points.

Is that possible?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker - multiple response questions scoring

Thank you for your reply!
Yes, the scoring by answer is available only for Multiple Choice/Multiple Response questions, which are graded.

Please make sure that you selected the graded question, as survey questions cannot be graded.
Here is a full screenshot with the settings:

Profile profile test