Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:17 am   Post subject: How to auto- continue playing for multi-SCOs package

I use Simple SCROM Packger to packge 9 single SCROM Packages into one SCROM Package and upload to Moodle. It starts to play from the first SCO, but can not automatically move to the next SCO when the first one is finished. Is there any setting in iSpring before publishing and need I do any setting on Moodle?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:06 am   Post subject: Re: How to auto- continue playing for multi-SCOs package

Hello! Thank you for your question!
I can not provide you with any advice on how to adjust third-party programs like Simple SCORM Packager but I would like to inform you that you can set your course to open the link of another course uploaded to your LMS when you finish it.

To do that open your presentation in MS PowerPoint.
    Navigate to the iSpring tab.
    Click on where it says Resources.
    In the newly open window select the Settings tab.
    You will see the Presentation Redirect options at the bottom of the screen.
    Check the Open the following Web page at the end of the presentation option box and paste the link of the next course that you would like to view.

This way the next course will be open right after you finish the first one.
Though, there other ways available in different LMSs to chain your courses into one sequence. You should check your LMS's documentation or contact its Tech Support Team if you would like to find more information about it.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:31 am   Post subject: Re: How to auto- continue playing for multi-SCOs package

Thanks so much, Michael. it works but not that perfect as expected. can the next section play in the same frame as present section does? is there any other suggestion that is LMS based?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:50 pm   Post subject: Re: How to auto- continue playing for multi-SCOs package

I'm glad that my instruction was of use to you.
The thing is that most LMSs force a course to be launched in the new window as a pop up due to some security particularities. If you didn't enable the option to Open a link in a new browser window in the Resources menu before publishing your course and the next course still opens up in a new window the reason to that is probably those LMS security specifications.
I'm afraid that this is the only option available in iSpring programs to chain different courses into one sequence, though as I have already mentioned it some LMSs can have their own better ways to achieve this.

Profile profile test